Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Can't place wanted ad!

Old 09-18-2003, 03:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't place wanted ad!

Ok, I used to be able to place wanted ads but cannot anymore! If I visit the wanted section, there is no "New Post" button.

Regards,
Bryan
Old 09-18-2003, 03:54 PM
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Can't place wanted ad!

From the way I under stand it you have to click on the marketplace tab and then the sell now tab to post your wanted ad....... Do hold me to that because I'm new to this site...... Good luck......
Old 09-18-2003, 03:57 PM

Ya, I did all that but It still takes me to the Credit Card screen.

Why should I have to enter credit info if I'm just going to place a wanted ad?

Regards,
Bryan
Old 09-18-2003, 04:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wanted ads are free but the credit card allows us to run an AVS (address verification check) on all sellers or traders to lower the level of fraud that can take place on RC Universe. This was an often asked for feature on RCU and now we have it. Your card will not be charged during the AVS check.
Old 09-19-2003, 04:15 AM
My Feedback: (1)

Lowering the level of fraud is great of course, but what about those that don't have credit cards? As well, since the people posting WANT ads are buyers, they'd have to send money for the item first..

People aren't dumb enough to send money for an item then give a fake address to have the stuff sent to are they?
Old 09-20-2003, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have check option now for those who do not have credit cards. when you go to sell or list wanted ads you will see the option as you are taken through the process of becoming market authorized. Paypal is also coming this week or next. Those who post only wanted ads will never get their credit card charged. Also the information given to us is via secure SSL 128 bit encrypted connection, not shared with any 3rd parties as outlined in our privacy policy, and also stored securely in an "off-line" firewalled setup. It is perfectly safe and raises the overall credibility of all those who trade in our system. At another site you could login with a hotmail address and live in a hotel suite and rip members off and then move to another hotel and never get caught. RCU is the only system using these market authorizing methods to protect our members and make this the safest place to trade RC stuff.