Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Sell add with wrong picture, what up?

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Sell add with wrong picture, what up?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2003, 02:37 PM
1Jimbo
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sell add with wrong picture, what up?

I saw an add in the for sale section that had a picture of a new engine. The engine for sale was not new.As a matter of fact it was not even the engine it said it was. The pic was of a NEW un-used OS.40 FP(RN) and the add was for a OS.40FX(used). This to me is false advertising, or at the least misleading. I would have bought the new FP, but not the used FX. The guy said he didn't put the pic up, RCU did. How many adds are like that I wonder? [&:]
Old 09-20-2003, 07:08 PM
Glenn_O

Default RE: Sell add with wrong picture, what up?

RCU has stock photos for many items that the seller can choose to use, this guy apparently chose the wrong item when he was selecting what he was selling.
Old 09-20-2003, 08:28 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It is stock photo. the seller chose the wrong item from the selection list. we cannot choose photos or items for sellers. they must choose the correct item.

Also a seller can always delete the stock photo and upload 2 images of their own choice for free (platinum members get 3 free).

Ultimately the accuracy of every ad is up to the seller. If we catch mistakes our moderators will deal with them when reported or stumbled upon in their travels through the ads.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:01 PM
1Jimbo
My Feedback: (2)

Is there any way for a buyer to know if it is a REAL pic of the engine or whatever? If not this could lead people to think the engine is in better shape than it really is.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:35 PM
ChuckAuger
My Feedback: (12)

Maybe get some stock photos of shelled out and crashed engines to add to the database.
Old 09-20-2003, 10:52 PM
SteveW
My Feedback: (36)

Perhaps stock photos should be limited to "new" items only., And I mean "new", not "Like New In Box" engines that have only been run two hours. You know what I mean. Or as an alternate suggestion stock photos could be overlaid with a watermark reading "RCO Photo".
Old 09-21-2003, 07:55 AM
DBCherry
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, Stock Photos (and they say that underneath) are just that, photos taken from RCU stock.
If it's an actual picture, posted by the seller, it'll say 'click to enlarge'. (Or something like that.
I agree that having stock photos with light overlays saying RCU would keep deception to a minimum.
Dennis-