Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Interesting transaction with jefflangton on the classifieds -beware!!

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Interesting transaction with jefflangton on the classifieds -beware!!

Old 01-11-2015, 09:57 AM
KLMehaffy
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Interesting transaction with jefflangton on the classifieds -beware!!

So jefflangton lists a Hangar 9 Sopwith Camel for $175 plus shipping. Looks good, I jump on it! Well, he declines my offer based on shipping, so we hammer it out where I was paying him 100% of his sale price and 100% of the shipping costs. And we are agreed. So I tell him to get the shipping sorted, and wait a day or two to contact him again. Low and behold he then replies to me to let me know the item is "no longer available".

Hmm... today (2 days later) I find him re-listing the plane at 200% of his original price. So I file a formal complaint on him, and asked him in the new ad whats the deal? He blocks me from the ad!! (lol.. like I would trust him now anyway)

I email em this:
If you wanted to back out, you should have said so. I do not take being lied to lightly, the truth would have served you better.

he replies:
I had a deal locally and it fell through. I reserve the right to ask what the plane is worth when relisted. Its still a fair price, not twice what its worth.

So now he's saying he was selling it out from under me? Wow .. all I can say .. I'll say it backwards...woW :P

Basically people, I guess all I am saying is tread carefully with this one.

Original Link:
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...2195&cobrand=1

New listing
http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...itemid=1013587

Last edited by KLMehaffy; 01-11-2015 at 10:08 AM.