Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scmmer and member ID theft

Old 09-29-2015, 08:49 PM
My Feedback: (91)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scmmer and member ID theft

I posted two wanted adds. The scammer contacted me by looking up my profile and going directly to my listed email. Did NOT contact me through RCU. RCU does not show that anyone contacted me through this site regarding the wanted adds. Even worse He assumed the identity and email address of another member in good standing on this site. If anyone contacts you using the user name umitv or James Lyles Johnson, it is NOT him. BEWARE!! The scammer has stolen someone else's identity and email address. Among other federal crimes. I would highly hope some one of authority from this site contact me about this criminal.
Old 10-10-2015, 10:33 AM
My Feedback: (31)

Can you give me more info, what were you looking for ? Where was this guy located ? I'm just about to send James Johnson a check for a plane, he is located in Tennessee.

Thanks, Mike
Old 11-30-2015, 10:48 AM
My Feedback: (243)

Originally Posted by mikmarsh
Can you give me more info, what were you looking for ? Where was this guy located ? I'm just about to send James Johnson a check for a plane, he is located in Tennessee.

Thanks, Mike
Guys,

I'm going through the same thing with this "Jame Lyles" guy. He responded to my WANTED ad as well about two months ago. Claims he had the plane I was looking for. I sent him money using a Monet Gram...I should have been suspicious. He is in Tennessee. Is there anything that can be done to your knowledge?

Patrick
Old 11-30-2015, 06:08 PM
My Feedback: (31)

The key is moneygram ?? Has to be the same scumbag. Not much you can do. If he wont take a Postal Money Order beware !!!!