Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Marketplace Feedback

Old 11-19-2020, 07:44 AM
dryverman
My Feedback: (2)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Marketplace Feedback

Has this been done away with? I can't find where to post feedback for a recent buyer...
Old 11-19-2020, 08:42 AM
Outrider6

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I don't think it has been done away with, since a buyer left feedback for me, 2 or 3 weeks ago. However, there is some kind of problem, because I was unable to leave feedback for that buyer, and got an error message when I attempted to do so.

I do not like the forum software here. At all. It is very flaky and sometimes difficult to navigate. In short, it just plain sucks.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:14 AM
IBJoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Click on the number below someone's name on their. "My Feedback: (#)" and you can leave them feedback. I just left you feedback, dryverman.
Old 11-19-2020, 09:18 AM
Outrider6

Originally Posted by IBJoel View Post
Click on the number below someone's name on their. "My Feedback: (#)" and you can leave them feedback. I just left you feedback, dryverman.
I just tried again, using this method, to leave feedback for my buyer. I get this error message:

Outrider6, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Perhaps it doesn't allow newer members to leave feedback, even though it lets them receive it. That is a pretty screwy thing.
Old 11-19-2020, 10:06 AM
IBJoel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Outrider6 View Post
I just tried again, using this method, to leave feedback for my buyer. I get this error message:

Outrider6, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:
  1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.
Perhaps it doesn't allow newer members to leave feedback, even though it lets them receive it. That is a pretty screwy thing.
Who was the member you were trying to leave feedback for?
Old 11-19-2020, 12:29 PM
Outrider6

Who was the member you were trying to leave feedback for?
It was minimax.

edited: And also aviatortom (which I tried today).

Last edited by Outrider6; 11-19-2020 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-19-2020, 02:56 PM
dryverman

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

OK, received yours and found my buyers marketplace feedback section, now it's asking for the "deal URL" not sure this is worth the bother...
Old 11-19-2020, 06:24 PM
Outrider6

Originally Posted by dryverman View Post
OK, received yours and found my buyers marketplace feedback section, now it's asking for the "deal URL" not sure this is worth the bother...
'

Now I think I see why it won't let me leave feedback for my buyers. Since I didn't link PayPal to my ads, send the buyers invoices, etc., then it won't let me leave feedback, even though it let my buyers leave feedback, and that is not fair to my buyers (but I did not know this when I placed my ads). I don't link anything to Google. I don't link anything to Paypal. I don't even use Facebook. I despise the politics of all three of those organizations.

I don't like the idea of logging into any place through something else. It seems like every place is trying to link you to everywhere you go. Google and Facebook are famous for that - getting their little fingers into every little part of your life, and trying their best to crawl up your butt. Now it seems like RCU is taking that trend, too.

I am not a fan of fleas, ticks, leeches or tapeworms, either. And that linking and data-mining trend is not just about tailoring ads to users. There is more to it than that.