Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

fillyman Canada

Old 12-27-2020, 03:46 PM
kdunlap757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fillyman Canada

FYI. He's selling a Dirty Birdy 60. Has been on RCU for 2 days. Has a 0 trader rating and no posts. Will only accept electronic funds transfer. Oh boy. https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11685998

Old 12-28-2020, 06:39 AM
IBJoel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kdunlap757 View Post
FYI. He's selling a Dirty Birdy 60. Has been on RCU for 2 days. Has a 0 trader rating and no posts. Will only accept electronic funds transfer. Oh boy. https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/market/11685998
Hi there, thanks for the head's up! If you find a listing suspicious in the future, please click the "Report Listing" button (the red exclamation point) and our mods will take a look.
Old 12-28-2020, 10:44 AM
fillyman

Hello RCU Moderator,
I had no idea that as a new, very inexperienced member, and not as tech savvy as some people are that I would be so unkindly treated and blackballed because I suggested an e-trasnfer. After Kenís response to me I immediately responded with this email ( please see below ) to him as to verify my authenticity and willingness to do what is required to meet his needs and I figure is probably the gold standard in electronic payments. But I heard no
further response from him and then when I log back into RCU Iím essentially a pariah. I feel this was a bit rash and disingenuous on his part and would like to invite RCU to contact me to see how this could be rectified.
Apologetically,
David

ďHi Ken,
Im so sorry for the hassle, Iíve never used PayPal but I could get my son to help me set this up tomorrow. If this is the preferred method you say that most people are transacting to ensure buyer protection then I might as well for future use. Youíre right I just joined 2 or 3 days ago to initiate this sale as Iím 60 years old and never pursued the hobby nor did my kids want too. I also have built planes, Super Kaos and Trainer but donít want to part with them yet. Hoping my grandchildren might be interested when or if I get some.
Also if you want to do a FaceTime meet first, if you are still interested after I set up PayPal, then that can also put your mind at ease.Ē
David
Old 12-28-2020, 10:49 AM
IBJoel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fillyman View Post
Hello RCU Moderator,
I had no idea that as a new, very inexperienced member, and not as tech savvy as some people are that I would be so unkindly treated and blackballed because I suggested an e-trasnfer. After Kenís response to me I immediately responded with this email ( please see below ) to him as to verify my authenticity and willingness to do what is required to meet his needs and I figure is probably the gold standard in electronic payments. But I heard no
further response from him and then when I log back into RCU Iím essentially a pariah. I feel this was a bit rash and disingenuous on his part and would like to invite RCU to contact me to see how this could be rectified.
Apologetically,
David

ďHi Ken,
Im so sorry for the hassle, Iíve never used PayPal but I could get my son to help me set this up tomorrow. If this is the preferred method you say that most people are transacting to ensure buyer protection then I might as well for future use. Youíre right I just joined 2 or 3 days ago to initiate this sale as Iím 60 years old and never pursued the hobby nor did my kids want too. I also have built planes, Super Kaos and Trainer but donít want to part with them yet. Hoping my grandchildren might be interested when or if I get some.
Also if you want to do a FaceTime meet first, if you are still interested after I set up PayPal, then that can also put your mind at ease.Ē
David
Hi David,

No worries. We get quite a few spammers, so folks are just cautious. If you have any concerns, I would also reach out to RCKen who head's up the community on RCU.
Old 12-29-2020, 06:20 PM
kdunlap757

David, not disingenuous at all. Between RCUniverse and RCGroups there are literally hundreds of warnings of scams involving funds transfers via PayPal Friends and Family, Western Union, Zelle, and direct bank transfers, to name a few. Most traders here and elsewhere insist on using PayPal merchandise or some other mechanism to protect the transaction. The fact that you never traded on RCU, never posted to a RCU forum, did not produce a trader rating on any other forum, and had an RCU account open only for 48 hours are all warning signs. Then when you asked for e-transfer of funds on this transaction you set off all the warning alarms. Sorry, but that's the world we live in. I'm nearly as old as you and feel comfortable with things like PayPal, so that's not an excuse in my book. In fact, I know people trading on RCU north of 80 who use PayPal. My suggestion is that you build a reputation through buying and selling and earn your trader rating. That's just good business. Sorry about any misunderstanding. -Ken