Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Marc, Or Plane Insane!! About "bad" Karma?

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Marc, Or Plane Insane!! About "bad" Karma?

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2002, 01:21 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Marc, Or Plane Insane!! About "bad" Karma?

jmulder - It's back up at least temporarily (maybe longer) as I want to look at it and see about the point you made...I wasn't understanding the alias thing...I got it now...

What if karma was searchable though so if you were about to do a deal with say John Smith you could search karma for that name no matter what alias it was under...any user who lists that persons name or address in the comments field would then come up no matter what alias.

Plus...many of the current GBu listings are also only username here so the same problems apply if no real name given by the rater...
Old 05-17-2002, 03:52 PM
nedyob
My Feedback: (67)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default BAD KARMA

HELLO RCU AND ALL,
I HAVE A QUESTION ON THE CREDIT CARD THING FOR NAME ADDRESS CHECK.WHAT HAPPENS IF A PERSON DOESN'T HAVE A CREDIT CARD AND PAYS BY MONEY ORDER? IM NOT THAT CRAZY ABOUT PUTTING A CREDIT CARD NUMBER ON THE INTERNET AND ONY USE M/O'S.
I WAS WONDERING IF ON THE REGISTRATION FORM, THAT ALL RCU MEMBERS SUBMITT A ADDRESS, PHONE NUMBER AND WHO THE EMAIL SERVICE IS THROUGH. FOR RCU ADMIN. USE ONLY AND HAVE THIS BE MANDATORY WHEN SELLING OR TRADING ON RCU.
SOME IDEAS I HAVE IS ON THE RCU MEMBER SITE IS THAT THE NAME OF THE TOWN SHOULD BE ON THE FORM.THAT WAY IT SOMEONE HERE ON RCU LIVES IN THAT AREA THEY CAN PM AN RCU USER IN THAT AREA AND DO A ADDRESS CHECK WITH NAME,ADDRESS & PHONE NUMBER ALONG WITH THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT NUMBER & ADDRESS. I GUESS THIS WOULD BE A FORM OF POLICEING OUR SELVES ON RCU AND NOT MAKING IT HARD FOR THE HONEST PERSON HER.KINDA LIKE A COMMUNITY WATCH PROGRAM HERE ON RCU.
I AM IN LAW ENFORCEMENT AND KNOW OF A FEW OTHER GUY ON RCU IN THE SAME BUSINESS. I MYSELF WOULD HELP IN ANYWAY TO GET THE BAD APPLES OFF RCU & HELP OUT WHEN SOMEONE ELSE IF THEY GET RIPPED OFF.
JUST A THOUGH WITH TWO CENTS ADDED
NEDYOB
Old 05-17-2002, 04:06 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Here, here

GBU and Karma,, why not link the two together, Everybody happy and a win, win, and on yer way. Tooshay.

Hooray !!!!!!!!
Old 05-18-2002, 07:55 PM
flytaildragger
My Feedback: (8)

Default This is what I am talking about!

I think the forum organizers should find someway to broker the transactions for a fee. The money, when committed, cannot be claimed by the seller until the buyer is satisfied, (he gets his shipment) and the money can't be returned to the buyer until the seller gets his mercandise back intact if the deal goes sideways. I'm certainly not an expert, but this buffer would weed out the theives and motivate honesty.

My opinion;

flytaildragger
Old 05-18-2002, 09:29 PM
DESERT RATT
My Feedback: (7)

TAILDRAGGER,

SORRY, but I disagree. It would open the door for other forms of cons. (the buyer to switch items on delivery and say what was sent was no good) IE: say, good engine for bad engine.

RON
Old 05-18-2002, 11:59 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

yes this escrow type service has been discussed...it does offer some protection but there are always a few loopholes here or there...

it has not been ruled out but certainly wouldn't be an around the corner feature timewise as there is much involved and we have all kinds of stuff we are working on now we want to get done.

most trading will be built up by reputation...feedback and trades and references...for big deals you could use existing escrow services if we don't have ours online. There are no foolproof solutions with the exception of buying local. Again the good part is that an extremely high percentage of long distance deals come off without a hitch...most people are in fact honest and trustworthy...it's the small percentage you gotta watch out for.
Old 05-19-2002, 01:40 AM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

There are already escrow services that can be used.
Old 05-20-2002, 03:24 PM
Herb-RCU

MikeL,

Can you give the sites of these escrow services? Are they online sites?

Thanks,
Herb
Old 05-20-2002, 03:48 PM
MikeL
My Feedback: (3)

Just pop escrow into a search engine and you'll find quite a few offering different services and prices.