Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Am I crazy?

Old 04-11-2005, 09:15 PM
cmoore806
My Feedback: (82)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Am I crazy?

Maybe I am impatient or something like it but I am beginning to worry about whether or not I will get an OS .46FXengine I bought here on RCU in the marketplace. It will be about a week after accepting my offer and I have not heard anything from the seller , even after attempting to contact him twice to see if he shipped the engine. The seller is a brand new member and has no sales or anything but I thought I would still be alright...maybe I am too trusting. Anyhow, how long should I wait before I know it is never going to show? Even if I do get the engine this guy will get negaitve feedback, this type of selling just does not seem proper when compared to any other transaction I have made on here.

Let me know if I am overreacting; but maybe this "new" member is an old member with bad selling practices under a new username?

Chris
Old 04-11-2005, 09:33 PM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: Am I crazy?

I hate to say it, but my buying experience has been terrible. I'm very careful and not real trusting. I look at the feedback,profile,postings and joined date. I usually ask lots of questions and ask for a pic.

By the sounds of it you may be too trusting, it does sound kinda suspicious, but keep trying to get ahold of seller. Possible computer or internet or health problems. A username would also help if that is appropriate. If you get scammed please leave negative feedback and a complaint.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:43 PM
cmoore806

the user is lavender10
Old 04-11-2005, 09:49 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

A week is probably pushing beyond the limits of communication. However, keep in mind spring break for most families has just ended and that may be a reason for his absence? Perhaps a business trip has him out of town? Perhaps he's a college student dealing with exams? Maybe his computer crashed? There are reason why a member may have not responded as of yet, but it is uncommon to go a week without response.

Send him another email and explain with courtesy your concern. Also explain he's putting his online trading reputation at RCU on the line because of his lack of communication. If another couple days goes by and it's turning into week two, start submitting formal complaints and rating his username to drive the point home to this member.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:51 PM
ThunderbirdJunkie
My Feedback: (3)

I don't deal with somebody unless they respond to my questions promptly BEFORE the sale.
Old 04-11-2005, 09:52 PM
guver

PS, everyone from Bay Village is crazy......
Old 04-11-2005, 09:57 PM
guver

You must have contacted him for payment, right?
Old 04-11-2005, 11:58 PM
cmoore806

Yeah, I contacted him a couple of days ago telling him nicely that I would give him negative feedback if he doesnt start communicating and that upon accepting my offer for the engine he should have told me if he were busy and would be unable to communicate for one reason or another (public or private matter, it doesnt matter). Still I have received no response from this guy. Thank goodness for PayPal and their protection...otherwise I would be far more ticked off than I am already for having to delay construction until I get an engine. I will keep trying to get a hold of him, until then, wish me luck.

Chris Moore