Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Sales info

Old 04-12-2005, 12:00 PM
gouda
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sales info

Why don't you do something to force or make it easy for listers to note if a item is sold. I find it very frustrating to use this marketplace. It takes forever to get listers to respond (if they ever do) unless it is a commerical ad. OK, not 100% of the time, but way morethan it should.
Old 04-12-2005, 12:29 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sales info

all sellers can mark their ads sold easily. if they don't use that tool when the item is sold that is beyond our control. also beyond our control is a sellers response time. we expire ads in 30 days if not marked sold before. that is how we force them out if no action is taken.
Old 04-12-2005, 09:36 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Also, not all members check their ads as quickly as most of us would like. Whether this is because some people simply do not go online as often as others. This could be for any number of reason from personal preference to lack of available time. Many of us spend several hours a day online with a couple of those hours right here on RCU. Others are lucky if they can spend 1 hour per week on RCU. However, if a seller does not respond in what you consider to be a reasonable amount of time, move on to something else. There are many ads posted every day and it would be a shame to let something slip through your fingers because you decided to wait for a non-responsive seller to answer a questions.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 04-16-2005, 01:37 PM
gouda
My Feedback: (69)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do move on. And I understand you have no control of how often people come on line to check ads. Never the less, there should be some way of control. Maybe 30 days is to long. make it a week, with the option of renewing a specific ad 3 times before it is removed automatically and permamently.
Old 04-16-2005, 02:45 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We have recently made a change to the default ad listing run time. Instead of standard ads running for 30 days, they now will only run for 15 days. This will help keep fresh ads running through the Marketplace. The problem with a maximum number of times an ad can be renewed is that some members list very high dollar items. They understand that it may take a few months before the right person comes along who is willing, and able, to spend several thousand dollars on a jet, warbird or large aerobatic model. For these guys, it's important to allow them to relist an item in hopes of finding the right buyer. It would be extremely difficult for us to limit the number of times an ad could be renewed based on specific criteria. This gets even harder to manage when you consider there are several commercial sellers who will list an ad, sell the item, then immediately relist the ad to sell an identical item in their inventory.

Remember, part of the beauty of the RCU Marketplace is the amount of control we leave in the hands of the members to run their ads as they wish. Many other sites place so many restrictions on ads that it's tough for the seller to run it in a way they feel comfortable.

Thank you,
John
RCU Marketplace Moderator