Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

RCU Advertising blocked by popup killers

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RCU Advertising blocked by popup killers

Old 04-20-2005, 06:01 PM
mklarich

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RCU Advertising blocked by popup killers

This may have been covered before but I will ask anyhow. Why does RCU put ads at the top of pages in such a format that they are blocked by popup blocking software?

I am distributing a new product through a manufacturer who pays for ad space in the aerial photography forum. He said that he updated his ad to show the new product. When I went to the AP forum I could not see it, finally I turned off norton internet security that blocks popups and there it is.

The ad space is paid for and people using the forums assume so advertisements when they sign up for this free service. The ads should be part of the RCU web page and be shown no matter what.

Just my humble opinon though.

Matthew Klarich

Old 04-24-2005, 09:06 AM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: RCU Advertising blocked by popup killers

Not possible. Norton blocks ads. You must turn that off to see them. There is no way to show ads that won't get blocked by those who intentionally try to block them. Fortunately very few people block ads here.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:29 AM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RCU Advertising blocked by popup killers

Some programs will allow you to enter in a website as an 'allowed site' so it will not block ads. I'm not familiar enough with Norton to know whether that is an option or not.