Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Another Scam

Old 04-20-2005, 08:08 PM
Don Perry
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another Scam

Here is another scamer ---

Hello,
Thanks for your prompt response and acceptance but there is a little problem about getting the payment to you.I would have loved to wire the funds via western union money transfer but the funds on my credit card is insufficient and do not have access to recharge it due where I am now.I am presently in Belgium on documentary research in GOTHEN SAVANAH LOCATION and I need the above said for a purpose that will make my research a comprehensive one.
Immediately I saw your reply,I thought of a way out and thank God it works.I emailed my associate that is presently in Belgium and he assured me that he will help me to wire you the funds b ut anothe! r problem! that we are going! ! to encouter is lack of cash at the moment.He suggested a U.S. postal money order to me and am very sure that you will honour it.So,kindly let me have your details such as as your FULL NAME that will be printed on it,YOUR POSTAL ADDRESS and YOUR PHONE NUMBER.
One more thing,I am still going to ship the above to my Location here in Belgium and presently,I have not seen a reputable shipping company that will handle that for me.I would have loved to give the work to an United State shipping company but learn't that Belgium Goverment doesn't welcome an International Shipping Company to convey Goods to their country.I am yet to find one and when I contacted a realiable Belgium person to enlighten me more about this,he made it known to me that The cost of shipping is highly expensive in Belgium which I don't mind due to the profit am going to make after finishing compiling my research.I am told that ! they don't a! ls! o accept an internation Check due to the long clearance on it.Instead,the most preferable me thod of payment to them is Western union money transfer.Now I have told you about my Lack of funds and the same thing applies to my associate that will post your own payment to you.Although,I have discussed it with him to help me with the western union issue to the shipping company here in Belgium,but soonest he will be leaving United State for a conference as well and won't have enough time to see to this.He then brought a nice Idea which I abided with.He said he will be inflating the amount on the check to $3,000 whereby you will deduct your own cost and help me to transfer the remaining $2,800 to the shipper for the payment of their services.I am little bit disturbed about this because Firstly I don't know you.secondly,how do I have the trust that you will help me send the remaining funds to the shippers.I would be very happy if could w! rite back and let me know! that you wi! ll not b! etray me couple with you details that will enable you receive the payment from my associate.I a m sorry if am too harsh but everything should be handle with care.
Thanks.
Bill Roy.

Don Perry <[email protected]> wrote:
How about you send me all of the money first then I will use my realiable
shipping company

Don Perry

RNL, INC.
www.rnlinc.com

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2005 2:41 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Question Re: Item 92338 in R/C Marketplace

YOU HAVE RECEIVED A QUESTION REGARDING ITEM 92338 - 5 INCH TRU-TURN SPINNER:

--------------SCAM ALERT--------------
Do not reply to emails that offer to purchase your item using a complex
cashiers check scheme or other unusual payment methods.
--------------------------------------

------------MESSAGE SENDER------------

MEMBER ID: 173162

USERNAME: roy_1

------------MESSAGE START-------------

Hello ,
How are you today,I saw your advert on the rcuniverse.com,Am highly
interested in purchasing your {5 Inch Tru-Turn Spinner} for $140.00 ok.which
the condition is okay by me ok,Dont worry about the shipmen t i have a
reliable shipping company that will take care of the pick -up for
my,anywhere in the world and my mode of payment is through Money order or
Cashiers check ,i want you to forward me with your full information for the
payment such as your full name that will be printed on the cheque, your full
address where the check will be send to ok.get back to me as soon as
possible.
Expecting your mail back,
My Regards to you and your family,
Thanks.
Bill Roy.

------------MESSAGE END---------------

***THE INDIVIDUAL CHOSE NOT TO POST THIS QUESTION TO THE AD LISTING***

You may respond to the member by clicking reply on this email or, if you
would like to avoid similar questions on the same item, you can post your
reply directly to your item listing! To do! this, just return to your
listing and click the "Post Comment" link under the "Discussion" area of
your ad. Here is your link:

Item Link: http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/ite...2338&cobrand=1

Thank you,

RC Universe Market

Old 04-20-2005, 09:02 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Another Scam

Don,
You are right. It's another scam. The sender has been banned.

Thank you for keeping an eye out for this type of activity!

John
Marketplace Moderator