Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

pic posting prob?

Old 04-21-2005, 10:02 PM
dryvr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pic posting prob?

I'm not able to upload pics from my machine. When the pics are uploading it says to wait for confirmation. After a little while, the screen goes to "this page can not be found". When I preview the post, there are no pics. I have tried shrinking the file sizes and it still does the same thing. I have posted pics here before and not had this problem. Any ideas?
Old 04-21-2005, 10:10 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: pic posting prob?

Slow uploads and "page not found" are usually traced back to a slow or unreliable internet connection. Try disconnecting from your ISP and reconnect. Also remember that only jpg and gif files are supported in the Marketplace. And, just because a file has a jpg or gif extention, does not mean it really is one of those file types. If you have recently changed programs for processing your images, try a different program and see if the problem persists. If it is fixed with a different image processning app, you can be sure the first one was not saving the file in a true jpg or gif format.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 04-21-2005, 11:06 PM
dryvr

Thanks for the fast response John. I will try what you suggested. I appreciate it.
Old 04-21-2005, 11:08 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Let me know if it fixes the problem.

John
Marketplace Moderator
Old 04-21-2005, 11:33 PM
dryvr

I logged off and go online again. I came straight here to the thread I wanted to post pics. Still the same problem. I wonder if it's the "file size is too large" error that's popping up but not directing. The upload window goes from "waiting for pics to upload", to "this page cannot be found". I'm sure these pics are jpeg format as I just uploaded them from my digicam today. I am using a dial-up connection, but like i said, I've never run across this here. Well, I when I last posted pics the file size was too large. So I shrunk the pictures and tried again, everything worked fine.
Old 04-22-2005, 12:46 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Maximum file size is stated as 3000K, but that translates into 3mb. Sounds rather large to me, I need to look into this as I thought max size is 300K. I attached a picture of a model I built several years ago without any problems. Image size is 59.4K.

Next I tried a picture of a Kyosho PT-19 I used to have. The file size on it is 620KB. What is the size of the picture you were trying to post before shrinking it? Perhaps you have your camera set to a higher quality setting this time compared to what you have used in the past?

John
Marketplace Moderator
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca81373.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	261243   Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35353.jpg
Views:	13
Size:	107.0 KB
ID:	261244  
Old 04-22-2005, 07:45 AM
dryvr

The pics I'm trying to upload were originally 2500k, I shrunk them down to between 150 and 200k. I did set my camera up differently this time. I set it for pictures within 28", which I think increased the pixels, making the pictures more clear.
Old 04-22-2005, 08:20 AM
dryvr

I finally got them to upload. I was trying to upload three pics at a time. Finally, I loaded them one at a time and it worked. Thanks for your help.