Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

PITA search function + can't get more adds per page

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

PITA search function + can't get more adds per page

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 12:17 PM
1g1yy2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PITA search function + can't get more adds per page

Why is the stupid "Quick search" function set up to go back to the default setting each time you do a search?? Each time I have to reclick on "airplanes" and then click off the "titles only". This takes time and is a hassle. And why can I not set it so it shows more adds per page? Again, it takes time for the new page to load and is a hassle.

It just seems this site is overcomplicated with too many functions and sections. That is why I rarely come to this site.
Old 09-07-2005, 06:42 PM
mkranitz
Banned
My Feedback: (60)

Default RE: PITA search function + can't get more adds per page

ORIGINAL: 1g1yy2

Why is the stupid "Quick search" function set up to go back to the default setting each time you do a search?? Each time I have to reclick on "airplanes" and then click off the "titles only". This takes time and is a hassle. And why can I not set it so it shows more adds per page? Again, it takes time for the new page to load and is a hassle.

It just seems this site is overcomplicated with too many functions and sections. That is why I rarely come to this site.
We have so many functions because we get suggestions (good) like the one you just made. We listen to our members and implement them. Rather than get all hot under the collar about an extra mouse click, just let us know and we'll fix it. Let's keep perspective here. It's a hobby site. We are free. We are here to help you. If the two extra mouse clicks have you so knotted up, I'm going to suggest a long vacation! I'll take a look at this now.

Michael
Old 09-07-2005, 06:46 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Oh, I never answered your original question: "Why is the stupid "Quick search" function set up to go back to the default setting each time you do a search?? Each time I have to reclick on "airplanes" and then click off the "titles only".

Here's why:

The Quick Search box you see on the shopping pages actually takes you to a search results page and not into the shopping area you just left. Check the page address. Since we don't use session variables to track your selection from the first page, the result page doesn't know what you selection was. We could introduce a session variable to solve this and retain in memory the category you were searching in. This will require me to create and test for two new session variables and potentially make a database call so you can save these from visit to visit.

mk
Old 09-08-2005, 08:30 AM
mkranitz
Banned

The "Titles Only" functionality is fixed. Working on the other part of your suggestion.
Old 09-08-2005, 05:31 PM
1g1yy2

ORIGINAL: mkranitz

Oh, I never answered your original question: "Why is the stupid "Quick search" function set up to go back to the default setting each time you do a search?? Each time I have to reclick on "airplanes" and then click off the "titles only".

Here's why:

The Quick Search box you see on the shopping pages actually takes you to a search results page and not into the shopping area you just left. Check the page address. Since we don't use session variables to track your selection from the first page, the result page doesn't know what you selection was. We could introduce a session variable to solve this and retain in memory the category you were searching in. This will require me to create and test for two new session variables and potentially make a database call so you can save these from visit to visit.

mk

Hmmm, OK. Not quite sure what the heck you said in the, "Here's why:", but I will certainly accept it as your answer to my question.

As to the two mouse clicks having me "all hot under the collar", it is not the mouse clicks -- it is the time for each page to load. But thanks for the idea of a vacation. Bye!
Old 09-09-2005, 12:03 PM
mkranitz
Banned

Sometimes load time is affected by the crush of searches on our server. Again, providing this all for free makes it tough sometimes to toss the hardware you want at a problem like this.

Have fun on your vacation and we'll see you when you get back. (unless, of course, your comment was a sarcastic remark and you are trying to punish us by not using our site -- in which case: [sm=crying.gif])