Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scam originating From RCU

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2006, 09:07 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam originating From RCU

At the top of this was a note saying that it originated from RCUniverse.. I`ve recieved a couple of these now .I didn`t know where they were coming from till now..The first few were the same story except it was some Girl asking for help,and 50 million dollars.Can you Guys, Suck this person in, to Reveal themselves, for an Arrest??I got an Email address with this too..

APPEAL FOR BUSINESS ASSISTANCE.

Dear ,

Permit me to inform you of my desire of going into business relationship with you. I got your name and contact from our country chambers of industry (internet department).

I prayed over it and selected your name among other names due to its esteeming nature and the recommendations given
to me as a reputable and trust worthy person that
I can do business with and by the recommendation ,
I must not hesitate to confide in you for this simple
and sincere business .

I am jacob david only son of late Mr. and Mrs. david Morgan . My father was a very wealthy cocoa merchant in Abidjan , the economic capital of Ivory coast, my father was poisoned to death by his business associates on one of their outings on a business trip .

My mother died when I was a baby and since then my father took me so special. Before the death of my father on october 2005 in a private hospital here in Abidjan he secretly called me on his bed side and told me that he has the sum of Six million,five hundred thousand United State Dollars. USD ($6,500,000.00) left in fixed / suspense account in one of the prime bank here in Abidjan ,that he used my name as his only son for the next of Kin in depositing of the fund. He also explained to me that it was because of this wealth that he was poisoned by his business associates. That I should seek for a foreign partner in a country of my choice where i will transfer this money and use it for investment purpose.

Dear, I am honourably seeking your assistance in the following ways:
(1) To provide a bank account into which this money
would be transferred to.
(2) To serve as a guardian of this fund.
(3) To make arrangement for me to come over to your
country to further my education and to secure a
resident permit in your country.

Moreover, I am willing to offer you 15%
of the total sum as compensation for your effort/
input after the successful transfer of this fund into
your nominated account overseas.

Furthermore, you indicate your options towards assisting me as I believe that this transaction would be concluded within fourteen (14) days you signify interest to assist me. Anticipating to hear from you soon.

Thanks and God bless.

Best regards,
Mr jacob david.

jacob david

Old 10-08-2006, 02:58 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scam originating From RCU

What is the email address or the user name of the person who sent this to you?
Old 10-08-2006, 05:14 PM
D Bronk

Shoot me an e-mail, and I`ll forward the entire thing to you..Dave
Old 10-08-2006, 10:05 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the from addy's are usually just spoofed. they do not come from our mail servers. anyone can change the "from" in their email client.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:42 PM
rickburnout666

I have had two emails , much like the one you have had, the first i thought Great easy money, but did not reply ,as i was a llittle puzzled where and how someone (miriam ?) from south Africa had got my email. 2 weeks later i got another from another person , then it clicked, Spoof/spam whatever? just junk them, dont click on any links or reply, and if you have the right programme you can bounce the email back as if your email address does not exsist and you should not get any more from the scammers. i got a better offer of 30%
Old 12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
r2champion

It's called phishing. They tell you that they will deposit the money, you give them your account info, then they take all the money from your bank account. Pretty clever, since people actually fall for it. DON"T EVER GIVE OUT YOUR BANK ACCOUNT INFO!!!! Especially someone overseas that you've never heard of!!!!!!!??????????? Hope you catch them.....but like someone said above, you will never be able to track thier email address. It is probably a group of people working together.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:51 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The only way anyone can get your email from RCUniverse is if you post it in an ad or discussion forum. Posting your email publicly not only opens you up to receive scam emails such as this, but also to spam bots which roam the internet harvesting email addresses for their lists.
Old 12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
rickburnout666

no my bank account details stay firmly with me , they have to , i have an ex Wife (Kinda) lol