Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Guns or not guns

Old 01-23-2003, 07:48 AM
RobertWilliams
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guns or not guns

in the swap shop forum rules it says "No guns or weapons of any kind for sale or for trade allowed.", but paint ball guns are being posted everyday, I dont mean to nit pick, but a gun is a gun and paintball guns do hurt and can be used as a weapon, and if misused can kill.
So I guess my Question is why are they allowed???

they are a type of gun after all.
Old 01-23-2003, 08:50 AM
GrnBrt
My Feedback: (5)

Default Guns or not guns

Well it's kind of comparing apples and oranges really. People do go out and have paintball fights where they stalk other teams and they do get hit with the paintballs, stink yes, kill???, not likely. Now I am not saying that couldn't happen but if I were to do the same with my .41 Magnum the results would be different. Our planes are actually more dangerous then a paintball and it's not illegal to sell a paintball gun to someone you don't know who could be a convicted felon, try that with a real gun. You're kind of really splitting hairs with this one.
Old 01-23-2003, 02:55 PM
RobertWilliams

Default Guns or not guns

if a person wanted they could kill with a paintball gun, After I posted this last night, i did some reading on the net , and have found that there are ways to make a paintball gun into a bullrt fireing gun and no one would know it, also the gun could be used to shoot our darts that could and at close range kill a person. but still the rules says "No GUNS or weapons of any kind for sale or for trade allowed", I know it is ok to sell these to kids, but it's still a gun, no matter how you look at it.

I know plane and helis can kill, that isnt what im typin about, I'm typin about a guns, and a paintball "GUN" is a gun..
Old 01-23-2003, 05:18 PM
Steve Guinn

Default Guns or not guns

We need to start a " Really Stupid Questions " forum.
Old 01-23-2003, 05:38 PM
Steve Guinn

Default Guns or not guns

No more windows in buildings. People can be pushed out of them and be killed!
Old 01-23-2003, 07:33 PM
NCC-1701

Default Guns or not guns

RCU needs to ban the sale of paint spray guns as well. In the wrong hands, they can be used to dispense lethal biological and chemical agents.

Seriously, let's be reasonable. Just about anything can be abused or misused to hurt or kill another person with. Paintball guns were not designed to be lethal and they are not classified as firearms.

Rob
Old 01-23-2003, 07:56 PM
RobertWilliams

Default Guns or not guns

well sofar you all have miss the point, the rules say no guns of anytype, and paintball gun is a gun and looks like a gun.

I guess some people are so lame this flew over there head like a ele plane.
Old 01-23-2003, 11:56 PM
mvigod
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Guns or not guns

Skybomber,

I see the point you are making but on the other hand while the rules of RCU are black and white they are not meant to be as particular as the set of laws here in the US. In other words even though it says no guns allowed the trading of paintball or water guns would be allowed (at least for now). I can go into the store and purchase a paintball "gun" but not a real handgun. While by definition they are both guns and could hurt somebody so could a water pistol if you clock somebody over the head with it or a household knife if you stab somebody with it. We aren't trying to be overly moderated or rule oriented...just enough to make RCU a fun place for each of you.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:57 AM
Steve Guinn

Default Guns or not guns

AND, BY GOLLY, FUN IT IS. THANK YOU, THANK YOU.
Old 01-24-2003, 03:58 AM
WORNBOOTS
My Feedback: (33)

Default Guns or not guns

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Old 08-11-2003, 05:57 AM
DSA.308

Default Guns or not guns

Actually "real" guns CAN be sold without ANY reguard for weather the potential buyer is a felon or NOT!

As the legal, original, registered owner, of guns, it isn't MY responsibility to determine if a potential buyer IS or ISN'T a convicted FELON! It is ONLY illegal to KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a CONVICTED FELON. If I don't ask, and the buyer doesn't disclose he is a FELON, then its a done deal. The ONLY people required to do a felony back-ground check is a licensed gun dealer. Once the gun leaves the store legally, it can be bought AND re-sold without any documentation as to whom bought it or when, or who is the original owner. Hope this makes everyone sleep better at night.
Old 04-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Goku
My Feedback: (3)

Default RE: Guns or not guns

ORIGINAL: Todd Marsh

Actually "real" guns CAN be sold without ANY reguard for weather the potential buyer is a felon or NOT!

As the legal, original, registered owner, of guns, it isn't MY responsibility to determine if a potential buyer IS or ISN'T a convicted FELON! It is ONLY illegal to KNOWINGLY sell a gun to a CONVICTED FELON. If I don't ask, and the buyer doesn't disclose he is a FELON, then its a done deal. The ONLY people required to do a felony back-ground check is a licensed gun dealer. Once the gun leaves the store legally, it can be bought AND re-sold without any documentation as to whom bought it or when, or who is the original owner. Hope this makes everyone sleep better at night.
weeeeeeell... you've got the right picture, but it's not all quite that easy... I've bought and sold many many firearms both locally and across the USA. There are specific laws that apply to the sales of firearms... some states are really sticky about it... especially with handguns. I recently bought an SKS from a guy in CA... to go along with that law, the firearm had to be shipped to someone with a class A FFL (Federal Firearms License for dealing in firearms as a business)... if it had been a handgun, then it would lawfully have to also be shipped FROM a class A FFL holder as well.

In these cases, you are absolutely correct- the dealer does the background checks. However, if I sell a firearm within my own state, I can do so outright, on my own accord (like putting an ad in the paper). I am only quoting for my state (Idaho) though. I have to plead ignorance in the case of other states (some states requiere the transfer to go through an FFL holder no matter what- especially if a handgun). I don't pretend that these laws are always followed , but they do exist ... and are intended for the protection of the public...
check out www.auctionarms.com... (it's like ebay, but just for firearms)...