Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Email invoice copy issue?

Old 09-18-2007, 12:54 PM
tlroliff
My Feedback: (38)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Email invoice copy issue?

I sent an invoice today but but never recieved a copy in my email. I sent it again explaning to the buyer it may be a duplicate. Still nothing. I am sure I checked the box to send myself a copy and I have sold many items in the past and usually get the copies right away. I have gotten several other emails today including some I sent to myself from other accounts. Are there email issues today? Are the invoices gettting to the buyer?

Thank you.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:55 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Email invoice copy issue?

Double check your spam filter settings and make sure you are not inadvertently blocking yourself from receiving a copy of the invoice.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:16 PM
tlroliff

Thanks for the fast reply.

I am pretty sure that isn't the problem as I am getting all other messages from RCU (including the alert to your reply to my question here) and have [email protected] and [email protected] in my contact list. Plus I just looked at the last invoice I sent another buyer on 9/10/07 and the email copy came from my own email address cc'd to myself as well. I know I am getting email from my own address because I tested that today. So I am not sure what's going on but still no copies in my email (or spam folder) of either invoice from today.

Thanks again.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:43 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

I just tested the system and received the invoice on both of my email accounts. One was setup at the buyer, the other as the seller. The system is working correctly. There is something on your end, possibly your ISP, which is preventing you from receiving your copy of the invoice. Do you have any add-in security such as Norton Internet Security or something else from your ISP?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:24 PM
tlroliff

OK, thanks. I have no idea what the issue could be but I will have to look into it obviously. Drives me crazy when stuff just stops working after working fine for so long!!!! I use McAffee but Yahoo webmail isn't scanned or filtered by it. Thanks for checking things out for me. I will let you know if I find anything. Am I correct in the fact the invoice copies do come with my own email in the "From" and the "CC" addresses?
Old 09-18-2007, 02:53 PM
tlroliff

Now I really did it! I thought I would try changing my email to another account I have with the same ISP and now it appears I am not getting the "secret word" email either. ARGHHHH! What do I do now? Not sure if I will get any emails from RCU anymore now.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:19 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Yahoo uses a very tight spam filter. Check your blocked senders list. I think you are going to find RCUniverse.com listed on it.
Old 09-18-2007, 03:45 PM
tlroliff

I am not sure how but I just got the verification word when I tried again. I didn't see RCU in there but just in case I deleted ALL my blocked addresses, turned off Yahoo's spam filter so everything goes to my inbox and reset the filter. Hopefully that will be the end of that headache!

Thanks a lot for your help and patience.