Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

COME ON ALREADY! MAKE A DECISION!

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

COME ON ALREADY! MAKE A DECISION!

Old 10-11-2007, 12:08 AM
Jim5150

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default COME ON ALREADY! MAKE A DECISION!

I just have to vent. I am getting sick of people who can only manage one E-MAIL a day. I have a trade in progress, I think, that is not finalized and I really have done everything as prompt as a conversation should be. By the time the guy gives his answer I wont need the wings and could have built my own, from scratch, a balsa-wood tree scratch! I have actually missed out on a great trade because after 5 days of me being asked to trade with a certain member he decided that he didn't think his dad would let him trade. I could have traded with a different member who didn't have to ask his dad. How hard is it to just spend a few moments in discussion to figure out the deal? I guess I am going to have to start all transactions with a disclaimer about common courtesy.

Maybe RCU could shoot out a memo? I would be appreciated by most people.

UGH!
Old 10-11-2007, 10:20 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: COME ON ALREADY! MAKE A DECISION!

Every ad has a pair of time to respond figures posted below the users name. One lists the average time to respond to questions, the other to offers. You might want to avoid sellers with high numbers in these areas.

However, it should also be noted that a large number of hobbyists go online or check email once, or less, per day due to work or other personal schedules. It is not uncommon for members to not be able to respond for a day or two at a time. Just the same, if you do not feel you are getting a prompt enough response, withdraw your offer and move on to another ad.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:30 PM
Jim5150

I totally understand your point and agree. It just makes me mad when I get strung along. I have not been a member a LONG time but I know that this is the best RC trading/buying/selling forum I have done business on and just do not want it to turn out like the other ones where people start slamming your stuff for a week then back-out of the deal.
I to have a personal schedule and in between everything I find time to conduct transactions: I make it a point to get things done in a timely manner. A guy would not call on the phone and tell me a sentence a day. Any who... I was just venting because I have had a rough one this time and have seen the disclaimers that a few traders with tones of good feedback have wrote, Not to wast there time and if the want to do business they should make time or chance not getting the item.

The problem with withdrawing an offer is that the member will report you as a bad seller/trader and give you a sweet read letter banner at the top of everyone of your adds. If a person would just inform a guy that there is a reason for the tardy communication I would not have a problem. I am partially disabled and in between all my ups and downs I get it done in a timely manor.

O.K. I think I have gotten it all off my chest. I had to vent or I would have imploded. I think it had an affect on my RC eye/hand coordination. lol I have crashed my Maxx and Stryker. Just using forum as free therapy.

John, thanks for the advice.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:39 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't let them string you along. If you don't get the response you feel you should, move on.

Sellers cannot report you as a bad buyer if you withdraw your offer. It is entirely within your right to withdraw your offer, as long as it has not previously been accepted through the site, any time you like. Besides, you should not be making offers until you are sure of the details of the item in the ad. If you have any questions about an item, ask them before you post an offer. Once you post an offer and the seller accepts it, you and they have a contract to complete the transaction. Negotiations take place prior to a contract being reached, not after. This also gives you the opportunity to get a feel for the seller. If they are slow to ask questions, they will probably be slow to accept your offer and possibly even to ship the item. Who wants to deal with that?

Ouch on the crashed models!

Don't let it get to you. We're all here for the fun of the hobby.
Old 12-01-2007, 09:20 PM
rv7driver
My Feedback: (105)

Well, I sure do understand what your saying, but @ the same time I'm one of those that will go days without checking my email. Its not that I don't want to, but I fly all over the would as an ailine pilot yes most places I go have email or WIFI, but after flying all night and putting 15 to18 hour days when I hit the hotel I'm ready to go to sleep. I do try and check my emails once every two days but that is not the case all the time.

Please just try and understand people have different work schedule's and it hard to respond quickly. thank you very much.

Pete