Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

HELP PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

HELP PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 06:55 PM
kdfi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK

Hi guys I have been a member for alittle over a year. Since then I have had eleven 100% classifieds never screwed anyone over. Well I took a chance on a guy selling his Losi MEGA BAJA. Sent him a mo and that was two weeks ago from this upcomming Monday 10/29/07. He says he works a lot and sent it out, well its not here..

My question is; is that it? unless I take a flight back east? Is there something I can do?

Thanks for any help you can give me
Old 10-26-2007, 06:58 PM
NJ NETS FAN
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: HELP PLEASE I DONT KNOW WHO TO ASK

Do you have a link to his ad of the truck you were getting? Also the guys username would help to to see if he's been a known scammer. And Since you sent it MO theres really no chance of u getting ur money back.
Old 10-26-2007, 07:32 PM
full maxx

where is it going from & to ...is he in the u s if not then give it a few more days to get through customs .... i like to think that the majority of the population is pretty honest but i have been known to be wrong
Old 10-27-2007, 08:52 AM
roweder

i shipped something via first class to someone once who was like 3 states away and it took 3 weeks, i was very afraid that he wasn't going to get it, sometimes people in the shipping service screw up and take it to Montana instead of Massachusetts (just an example)
Old 10-27-2007, 09:02 AM
BMX420BOY_77

Yea some guy in N.Y. did the same thing to me and I lost out of about $1000 worth of stuff. And he says that he works alot and his cell phone never has service.
Old 10-27-2007, 09:19 AM
roweder

ORIGINAL: BMX420BOY_77

Yea some guy in N.Y. did the same thing to me and I lost out of about $1000 worth of stuff. And he says that he works alot and his cell phone never has service.
oh my god that sucks! was he buying stuff from you?
Old 10-27-2007, 09:46 AM
gasfreak
My Feedback: (13)

would shipping insurance cover something like this or only damage during shipping
Old 10-27-2007, 11:20 AM
BMX420BOY_77

No we were trading so now I dont ship first and will never again. And he said he shipped it but he wont give me the tracking number. so now I just learned from my mistake of trusting people.
Old 10-28-2007, 02:39 AM
iexion

......USE PAYPAL!!!!!!! [&:]

Paypal is not a 100% guaranty but at least when you use paypal they do have a way so u can fight back!!!!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 02:52 AM
iexion

Kdfi you said you sent him a moneyorder? Its best to never do transaction this way because you are more at risk if losing you money. With paypal you can file a dispute and and atleast be able to do something other then just handing someone across the country some money and hope they send what they agreed on. Im not basing whoever because they can be telling the truth and it might be taking a bit longer then expected. But you have to make sure and do what u can to protect yourself from someone trying to rip you off.

Honestly i would never do a trade in fear if this exact reason. Altho i was talking to this guy at my LHS who happen to trade his race modded Revo for a buggy, i just dont like the thought of trades...

When i sold my modded rs4, i kept in contact with the guy to assure him i was sending the car. told him over the phone when i sent it out, the cost, tracking number *** did he give u a tracking number so u know it was really shipped ? *** what the box looked like etc. ( even tho the jackass never left my any feed back ) i still believe in good customer service
Old 10-28-2007, 08:12 AM
roweder

ORIGINAL: iexion

i still believe in good customer service
that's exactly how i run my ebay account, i figure that if i make them happy, they leave happy feedback, and then people see the happy feedback, then more people think they will be happy buying from me, then more people buy from me.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:35 PM
full maxx

well i know its hard but give it a couple more days .....if both of you sent parcel post instead of priority it could take as much as three or four weeks if one is waiting to receive before shipping or he could be checking yours out to make sure its a good deal first has he said whether or not he has received it yet
Old 10-28-2007, 05:33 PM
roweder

USPS is really weird, sometimes parcel post can be as fast as priority, and sometimes first class can be as slow as parcel post says it can be. an acer order took 3 weeks once
Old 10-29-2007, 09:41 AM
kdfi

I know guys, I guess I really messed up. I usually use paypal, I just trusted this guy. We spoke on the phone again this weekend, he said it shipped DHL and he thought I'd have it by now. The thing that kills me is this guy is really nice doesn't have the scammer type feel when you speak with him. But for the past two days I can't get ahold of him. He works two jobs so, I want to give him the bennifit of the doubt. I guess I will give it a couple more days (end of Tuesday) and then mark him as a fraud so nobody else gets screwed!!!He doesn't have any more adds out right now, so I don't want to point fingers just yet. My patience is being tested though.

Old 10-30-2007, 05:32 PM
MattLarson29

What type of money order did you use? If it was a postal money order, contact the postmaster where you purchased it.

The USPS has their own police force, and they'll look into it.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:31 PM
ROOSTERLEW

If you kept the receipt for the MO you can have it cancelled and get your money back.
Old 12-28-2007, 04:03 PM
fly rc1938

I bought some items from United Hobbies, they advertise on RC Universe. That is where I found the site. I ordered about $135.00 worth of Radio Equpt. in Aug. I paid with Pay Pal. United Hobbies has been telling me that the items are back ordered, again and again. I thought they were O.K. but it has been some time since I have ordered. I have kept in contact with them I have been told that GWS is slow filling their orders . I have heard this again and again. There doesn't seem to be a way to contact RC Universe directly to file a complaint so that someone else doesn't get cheated like I have. Any one have a solution? fly rc1938
Old 12-31-2007, 02:17 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member. Please understand this is exactly why we recommend the use of Escrow.com to handle transactions between private parties over the internet. If they fail to ship the item, you get your money back.

If the seller says he shipped the item via DHL, he will have an airbill with a tracking number. With that tracking number, you can follow the package on DHL's website until you receive it. If the seller cannot, or will not, provide you with a tracking number you should file a formal complaint using the form linked at the bottom of the Ratings & Security page in the marketplace. You should also contact the Post Office and find out what your options are for filing a mail fraud complaint. You may also want to consider filing a fraud report with the FBI's internet fraud division.
Old 12-31-2007, 05:58 PM
fly rc1938

This is not between two private parties. This is a hobby shop or at least claim to be United Hobbies. They have never shipped or even said that they have shipped. They keep telling me that the items are back ordered. They keep telling me that they will ship when the items come in but this has been going on since Aug. They also tell me that they will refund but it hasn't happened. This company advertises on RC universe. I tried to make a complant but the computer won't reconize United Hobbies because that is not a private party.I would file a complaint but I don't know how to do it. I want to thank you for answering my note. I wish RC universe had a way to e-mail directly so this complaint is seen by others. fly rc1938
Old 12-31-2007, 09:35 PM
john1rm
My Feedback: (1)

Hi
I bought a 33% airplane.It has a 9 ch reciever and i don't know what it is. It says PCMS NER649S New ABC and W System. It has no manufacture on it. My question is will it work with Hi Tec.

thank you
Old 01-01-2008, 10:11 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Only transactions which take place through the marketplace have a formal complaint posted against them.

If the item is back ordered, there is little a hobby shop can do to ship it. This also does not constitute fraud. Have you told the hobby shop to cancel the order and return your money? This is really the only thing one can do in a situation where the item is on long term back order.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:55 AM
fly rc1938

Yes I have asked them to return my money. They tell me that I need to give them some numbers [ and I have done this more than once] and it will take 7-10 days. I have done this ,I think 3 times. They are not trying to take care of me on this. I would like to tell others so they can avoid the aggrivation when they want to deal with United Hobbies. Thanks fly rc1938
Old 01-03-2008, 06:01 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Did you order the item with a credit card? If so, call your credit card company and file a dispute with them. Unless the hobby shop can show they shipped the item, the credit card company will get your money back.
Old 01-09-2008, 09:44 AM
fly rc1938

Yes I did that and I am not sure yet if they have had enough time to process the complaint. Low and behold I went to check e-mail this morning and I have an e-mail from Pay Pal that I have a refund from United Hobbies. I think that they took too long but I did get a refund. Thanks for the time you have taken to answer. fly rc