Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

buying on line

Old 11-26-2007, 05:33 PM
bdaniel99

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default buying on line

I recently paid for a transmitter with PayPal and never got the transmitter. Being too buisy, I just let the matter slide.

Now, I am about to do the same thing again.

This guy has 16 "good" ratings.

Can that be reasonably trusted ?

Thanks...
Old 11-26-2007, 06:23 PM
Nathan
Administrator
My Feedback: (12)

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: buying on line

There is no guarantee unfortunately, unless you use escrow.com. Some things to look for: How is the communication, fast and responsive or slow? Have you talked with him on the phone? Have you verified his address in any way (searching on the internet)? Do you know what club, if any, he belongs to?

Get as much information as you can about the person and that will help the deal go smoother. Ratings tell you a little about the person you're dealing with, but it's no guarantee.
Old 11-27-2007, 09:22 AM
bdaniel99

Thanks, I am just getting into this.

Old 11-27-2007, 07:34 PM
butch47
My Feedback: (2)

I found out recently that this is in fact a world wide web.I offered for sale a box of old assorted engines and received responses from all over the world.I was not prepared for this but I did sell all of them and received payment for all.I have made many puschases on line and am a satisfied customer.Just remember if it sounds to good to be ture it most assuredly is and also nobody gives away anything for free there are always strings attached.