Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Classified ads??????????????

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Classified ads??????????????

Old 12-10-2007, 08:39 PM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Classified ads??????????????

How are they getting to put there ads up and when you get to the ads there not the same. Alot of guys are advertising RTF planes and when you get to the ad it is not that way. The will sell the AFF for said amount. But no motor servos or anything. What gives. Can some moderator person answer this for me please. RTF Cap 232 800.00 open ad up and it is 1,300.00
800 for ARF
300 for motor and so on.
Old 12-15-2007, 08:35 AM
kid chuckles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Classified ads??????????????

No moderator of RCU can answer this. Is it false advertising that you are doing? I got E-Mail from one person that asked if i thought the price on the ad would be the real price? I guess if your ad is a scam then the advertised price is irrelevent. But seems that RCU would not let this continue. After all it is against the law for advertisers to do this. Called bait and switch. The ads are great just want when i look at an Ad and it is a RTF for such and such that that is what i am going to be seeing for sale not an RTF that the such and such is for the ARF and not the advertised feature ad.
Old 12-15-2007, 10:01 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Classified ads??????????????

Ads which are listed like this should be reported using the Report Ad to Moderator link present in the ad. The Asking Price posted should match the Readiness stated. IE, if the price is $800.00 and it says RTF, then it should be RTF, not an ARF you have to spend another $500.00 to fully equip it. Having said that, it's not uncommon to see models listed as RTF that still require the buyer to use their own transmitter and receiver which is allowable. RTF has a pretty broad definition across the modeling fraternity, but the model must at least be in flyable condition and include the engine, servos and landing gear.