Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Why doesn't RCU disband fraudulent members?

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Why doesn't RCU disband fraudulent members?

Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 PM
invertedflight
My Feedback: (109)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why doesn't RCU disband fraudulent members?

A year ago I received payment for an ad listing here and 72 hours later I got an email from Paypal saying that the payment was unauthorized/fraudulent and would therefor be cancelled/reversed. Furthermore, the email asked for information on the transaction so that any fraudulent activity could be halted (which I did). I hadn't shipped the item yet, so I was safe.

The buyer complained that he hadn't received anything and I told him twice that his payment didn't go through (and attached the email Paypal sent to me). I rarely check my RCU feedback but noticed 6 months ago he left me a poor rating because of the dispute. I filed a complaint with RCU requesting that the rating be removed, and that the individual's membership be revoked given that he seemed to be involved in some fraudulent activity. The response I got from RCU was that I should have filed a complaint/rebuttal earlier. No action was taken, and the dispute is RESOLVED.

I find it unfortunate that RCU would keep potentially fraudulent members active and don't like having the poor rating he gave me stuck in my history forever. I hope RCU can take action so that we can continue to have a safe and fair marketplace.

RCU Policy:
"Misconduct and Fraud. 24-7 RC will not tolerate fraud in the Market Site. Even the appearance of impropriety can disrupt the integrity of the Market Site. Accordingly, any Eligible Member we suspect of engaging in fraudulent conduct (whether or not we prove such conduct) may have their listings removed (with NO REFUND) or have their account suspended or revoked."

Thanks,
Chris Hansen
www.hansenhobbies.com
Old 01-17-2008, 10:25 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Why doesn't RCU disband fraudulent members?

I'm sorry, but per the complaint you filed earlier today, not 6 months ago, you should have filed a complaint back when the incident occurred. Feedback cannot be posted or amended after a period of 180 days since the offer was accepted.

The member in question has not been found to have committed fraud of any kind. Because of this, we have no reason to ban him from the site.

Comparing notes from your description of the chain of events and those of the buyer, it appears what happened is an unfortunate break down in communications. You say you tried to contact him and he says he tried to contact you. Both sides say they never heard anything from the other side.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:05 PM
slammed2000

I sent him this email earlier but not sure since he apparently doesn't get my email for some reason here are the facts from the supposed fraud.

You know if this really went down as you say it did you need to look at the dates that things transpired. I bought the item on 11-15-06 I filed the complaint through paypal since you did not answer me via any email, on December 26 2006 ,which is over a month already. Now you say you did not ship because you got this email from paypal but that email did not come to you until a month actually over a month after I had paid for the item. Then YOU not me not paypal YOU refunded my money one 1-11-2007 which the last time I checked is four days shy of two months from the time I actually paid for the ad you had up on RCU. I don't really want to start a war on here with you over something so petty. I was quit upset that you feel as though you were contacted by paypal because I was a fraud. you are the one that did not ship me the tool for over a month before I got them involved. you should really reread what paypal actually wrote they took my money back from you because you would not respond to me or them. Now if you can put yourself in my shoes for one second because you have posted the dates I did not make them up that is the documented proof I believe you will see that maybe you just forgot to ship my order since apparently only me and one other guy have had problems with you. If you would have just contacted me once at any point during this whole thing I would not have left you negative feedback. Hell if you had just contacted me before running my name through the ringer on rcu and simply stated you case I probably would have reversed my rating on you but of course you didn't. just like my whole issue with you you don't respond to my email for some reason.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 AM
invertedflight
My Feedback: (109)

My records show that you made the offer on 12/23/2006 - any moderator should be able to check this, right?

I received payment on 12/26/2006 and on 12/29/2006 Paypal sent me an email saying the payment had been reversed due to unauthorized use/fraud. If anyone from RCU has the capability to check paypal transactions I'll be happy to send them the transaction ID so this information can be verified.

On 2/10/2007 you filed a complaint through Paypal saying you never received the item, but Paypal had reversed the payment two months earlier. I sent you two emails explaining what happened, but no response from you. At this point I was done and had no intention of pursuing a sale with someone whose payments were being held/reversed by Paypal for some unknown reason.

On 6/22/2007 you filed a poor rating with me on RCU, exactly 180 days after you made the offer. Did you do this so I couldn't file a complaint and have the rating reversed?
Old 01-18-2008, 12:57 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

Again, I am sorry, but there is nothing we can do about ratings more than 180 days from when the offer was accepted.

We also cannot verify Paypal transactions in your account. This is something you would need to work out between Paypal and they buyer.

There is nothing we can do about this. Either you, or the buyer, or both, have filters on your email preventing you two from receiving each other's emails. He says he did not receive your emails and you say you did not receive his.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:03 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

This thread is being locked. The forums are not to be used to post feedback or discuss transactions. That is the purpose of the feedback too.