Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

i dont want to get burned

Old 03-05-2008, 10:10 PM
qnzkrew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i dont want to get burned

hey i just bought this item on monday night.item number is xxxxxx i placed an offer and the buyer replied withing half an hour. he has 11 good ratings. last was in jan of 07. i know is early but still he sent me an invoice from rcu i paid it right away and asked him when he will ship the item he repied as soon as the funds were deposited. so i emailed him yesterday to find out if he had shipped it since he had emailed me right away when i made an offer. in his emails eveything looks legit . it has his email his phone number which i tried to call today after sending him another email and he didnt answer. and also his adress and everything. i just dont want to get burned the first time i buy something on rcu.i dont wanna be seen as overreacting too early i just dont want to get burned like i said. i dont know if rcu can send the person a email or something. by the way i paid paypal and it cleared right away.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:28 PM
JB COMP

Default RE: i dont want to get burned

make sure the address and PH# are good, I sent a guy $350 for a CRT and he took the money and ran, he had a fake PH# and address. tell paypal to get your money back, and paypal will not take it back if he proves he has sent it.

what I'm going to do from now on, is have the person put it on ebay and I'll but it that way, unless I know the guy.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:35 PM
qnzkrew

thanks comp i am goin to give the guy until friday to answer i jsut wanted a moderator to take notice. i crossed refference his email and found out he belongs to other websites with the same email. i have never gotten burned on ebay thats why i dont wanna get burn the first time i ever buy somethign from rcu. my main thing is. he aanswered like half hour after i made an offer. i coulndt make an offer on the tiem at first so sent him an email and he said try to make another offer on the item so he can close it properly which made me feel heis legit. he sent me an email with an invoice and a link to pay which i did. and after that two day and no answer and i really needed the radio i bought
Old 03-05-2008, 10:38 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ad # has been removed from your post to protect the seller. We don't want to make him out as the bad guy when there could be a legitimate reason he has not responded to you. Give him a day or two more to respond. If he does not, send him another email letting him know you want a tracking number for the radio or you will file a complaint with Paypal. Be aware this is exactly why RCUniverse strongly recommends the use of Escrow.com to handle transactions over the internet. If the seller does not ship the item, he doesn't get paid.

Note, buying items on Ebay is no safer than here. Many feel it is less secure because of shill accounts and false ratings. Scammers infiltrated Ebay long before anyone thought of defrauding a member on this site. Think about it, they can defraud you just as easy on that site as anywhere else.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:43 PM
qnzkrew

sorry didnt know about the ad number. i wasnt saying that i havent gotten scammed before and i didnt wanted to get scammed here for the first time. and thats exsactly what im saying i might be acting out too early thats why im giving him till friday. before i paid for the item that was my only requirement i made. i told him that i needed a tracking number becuase im always at work and i could arrange a delivery. and by the way he told me to place the offer on his item and made it go through rcu thats why i think the guy is legit i was just posting an early warning in case i got scammed which hopefully wont happen.
Old 03-05-2008, 10:47 PM
qnzkrew

and about escrow i did see that before i made an offer but im not sure if it was correct becuase to my undertsnad i had to pay 25 dollars for the $190 item which i was goin to buy. i just didnt want to have to pay that much just NOT to get screwed. but i guess its better to pay 25 and not to get screwed for the whole amount.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:07 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Escrow.com is not free. They need to be paid for their services. But, as you correctly point out, their fees are less than you losing all of your money.
Old 03-05-2008, 11:15 PM
JB COMP

JWN, Ebay is safer IF you use Paypal, ebay bought out paypal, so if you use paypal through ebay, you are covered under the "buy's protection" up to $2,000.00 which you are not if you [ay for something out side of ebay (like RCU) (found that out the hard way)
Old 03-05-2008, 11:22 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Paypal will provide protection for non-Ebay purchases as well if you follow their guidelines.
Old 03-06-2008, 10:04 AM
JB COMP

ORIGINAL: JWN

Paypal will provide protection for non-Ebay purchases as well if you follow their guidelines.
well RCU didn't fall into those then, because paypal could only get my money back if he had it in his account, and my guy didn't.
Old 03-06-2008, 05:25 PM
qnzkrew

i called the guy this morning and he sounded a little surprised . i told him who i was and asked if he has shipped the item and he mumbled his words and then said that he shipped it yesterday and told me he thought it as goin to arrive monday. i asked him for the tracking number and he said he didnt have it becuase he was at work which i understood and asked him that once he got home if he could email me the tracking number and he said ok. so atleast i know that i have his right number so that means his adress and all his info is legit hopefully. i hope i get my radio soon.