Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

re;trading items

Old 08-22-2008, 06:02 PM
launchpad51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default re;trading items

Hey guys;
I am not sure where to post this problem I am having.Recently I made a trade with someone in rcu.He traded me a boat for my two buggies.he informed me that I would have to send them to him first.I agreed and sent the items.Once he got them,he stated that the buggy was low on compression(this new motor) and that he did not want to trade now.I told him to send my items back to me.I emailed him and asked if they were sent and he replied that they were and he would get me a tracking number.A week has gone by and he is not responding to my emails.I sent 3 so far.
I am going to be very choked if I do not receive my items.Would anyone here know or could suggest what I should do.
Appreciate your suggestions. launchpad
Old 08-22-2008, 08:07 PM
Campy
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: re;trading items

Unless you can go IN PERSON to this guy to get the buggies back, you are out 2 buggies. If you do go in person, have a local law enforcement officer (police) with you when you talk to the person. Chances are, even if you go in person, you are out the buggies.

You MIGHT be able to sue the guy in small claims court IF you can document the agreement between you AND document that he received the buggies (Insured, or return reciept). An attorney can tell you better.
Old 08-22-2008, 10:22 PM
DavidAgar
My Feedback: (108)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

If the deal was made here on RCU, you will also want to rate the trader. You can also notify Market Place Moderator JWN with the problem and he can take certain actions to make sure it does not happen again, once he has checked out all the circumstances. Good Luck, Dave
Old 08-22-2008, 10:41 PM
launchpad51

Hello Dave;

Thankyou very much for getting back to me so fast.
I will take your advice and see what happens.The main thing that I am worried about is,"will I get my buggies back".I have already email the person and I informed him that if this is not taken care of by Monday;it would not take me long to jump on a jet and pay him a visit.Money or items are not the main issue here,its some of the people.About six months ago I bought a hydro of someone and he sent me some pics to show the damage on the hull.Thats was no problem,but he neglected to tell me about inside.When I went to replace the foam on the sides I found that the sponson supports were all crack from one end to another.Never did find him... I rebuilt them using wood.Thin but strong.Then were coated with fiberglass and resin.I just got into boats about six months ago and its great.i have 7 now,including the supervee27.That one hit a dock full out,but did not sink.The whole structure inside was all busted up.That was another project.
Well again,thankyou for the assistance.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:23 AM
launchpad51

Hey there;

Thanks for getting back to me.The possible cures you stated could have problems,first,I live in Canada and he lives in the US.Also I am not sure if I could take it to small claims because of the border issues in regards to claims.But will surely check it out with my lawyer.Other than that,I might be going on a flight.
Again,thankyou for your ideas
Old 08-23-2008, 02:35 AM
dhal22

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

it's called theft by deception. if you have the wherewithall to fly to the the guy's town, more power to you. these guys ruin the trust here. bring copies of the email traffic, shipping receipts and file a theft by deception charge against him. good luck.

david
Old 08-23-2008, 05:27 AM
MinnFlyer
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We have a forum specifically for dealing with problems in the RCU Marketplace:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/forumid_63/tt.htm
Old 08-23-2008, 07:18 PM
launchpad51

Thanks a lot;
I emailed the person and gave them till monday to straighten this out.When I checked there the persons ratings it was ok except one unresolved dispute.I have his phone number now,so on monday I will call and see what happens.I do have all the paper work to prove it ws sent and also I have his emails stating that he would trade me.With those items I beleive that I have something to back me up.I did notice that he has 3 more items for sale in RCU.I have sent 3 emails asking him what is happening but no reply.He did answer one email I sent asking him if my items have been shipped back to me.He responded that it was sent on the 12th of August,and went on to say that he would get me the tracking number.So far nothing.
I will keep you all posted on this.
Thanks again.
Al
Old 08-28-2008, 10:03 PM
launchpad51

Hey guys;
In regards to the problem I am having getting my buggies back.I finally got ahold of this person,and was told that he can't find the tracking number or the declaration form.This I am having a hard time to except.My gut tells me differently but I can not disprove what he says.He got back to me and stated that there is a truck like the one I sent on RCU and he would get that one for me.The cost;$25.00.I told him no way,I will not except that.he then got back to me and offered to send me some money to cover it.So,being the nice guy that I am I told him to give it another week and see if it shows up.If it doesn;t then I guess I will take the money.Somke is better than none;right!
Someone mentioned about contacting the moderator but I do not know how to go about that.Can someone give my some info on how to contact him.Buy the way,I took all the paper work to my lawyer and he stated that I have a case.He will take it on just to teach him a lesson.I hate to say this,but I do feel that I have been misled and lied to.Once my lawyer read all the paper work,he feels the same as I do.Any way,I will give him to Tuesday.I will get back on tuesday and let you know how it went.
How do I contact the moderator?
Thanks Guys
Old 09-05-2008, 05:07 PM
launchpad51

Hey guys;
Well I have been trying for a week now to get something done.He informed me that he would send me a post office money order on Sept,04/08.I have not heard a thing.I emailed him and he has not contacted me back.With all his bull**** that he has been telling me,I know he is not telling the truth.All the emails I have from him and what he said on the phone before does not make sense.It has made me beleeive that he is ripping me off.I just phoned again and left a message to get back to me within 24 hours or I have no choice but to take this legal.I have been very patient about this,but now my patience is wearing thin.
If I do not hear from him by tomorrow then I will let everyone here know who he is.He does have a couple of items that he is selling in RCU.
Can someone tell me how to contact the moderator.Also,how do I rate him?
Thanks for your help
Al
Old 09-20-2008, 11:23 AM
launchpad51

Hello Guys;
Well he finally sent my buggy and truck back to me.The package is missing the 4 brand new tires and rims for it,so I emailed him again but no reply so far.Also,he removed some of the itemd off my buggy.When I sent it,it was clean as a whistle,now,it sure is dirty and fuel stains all over.This guy is a real work of art.DO NOT BELEIVE HIM> and I do have proof of his deceitful ways.I am not sure if I should post who he is,but,maybe it could save others from going through this.I checked his ratings and he has 6 good and 1 poor rating.So it baffles me as to why he would try to do this.If he thinks I am one dumb Canuk he has another thing coming.You know,after the crap he put me through I will enter his name and you can go from there. (AvoidingExpert) that name sure suits him.Anyway,I got my items back and I would like to thank all who guided me through this.
Al