Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

RC Universe or just RC US?

Old 09-12-2008, 05:33 AM
Brinesharks
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RC Universe or just RC US?

I'm disappointed to find that so many ads on this site are marked 'ship to US only'. There are a lot of legitimate buyers out there - even in other countries! I'm happy to pay for insurance and by using PayPal you are really well covered in the event of the item going astray.

I trade internationally regularly and don't have any problems (except with people who insist on paying by Western Union!). Will US consider sharing the joy and selling to RC enthusiasts in other countries?

I'm particularly interested in Four Stroke engines and electrics. I am looking for an early OS .40FS for an Old Timer...

Thanks,

Bryan
Melbourne
Australia
Old 09-12-2008, 11:35 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: RC Universe or just RC US?

Many US sellers do not want to ship internationally due to the customs forms that must be submitted as well as the problems that have come about due to international scams. For whatever reason, the US has been targeted by scammers in other countries and that has left a lot of people afraid to trust someone in another country.

If you find an ad marked US Only, you can always try contacting the seller using the Ask Seller a Question tool to see if perhaps they selected the wrong option by accident, or if they are willing to sell to you in spite of how they setup the ad.
Old 09-16-2008, 04:54 AM
Brinesharks
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RC Universe or just RC US?

Thanks - I know there are a lot of scams. They find their way to Australia too. Still, I'm a validated user (RC Universe has my Visa number[X(]) so should be ok to trade with. I'll ask the question but I have had quite rude rebukes in the past...but hope springs eternal!

Bryan
Melbourne
Australia