Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Want to rate a seller, but....

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Want to rate a seller, but....

Old 09-25-2008, 09:40 AM
ian74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Want to rate a seller, but....

I want to rate a seller from the marketplace, but since I didn't use the "make offer" button. I don't have that option. Some of our messages were directly sent through the marketplace, though. Anyway, the deal panned out, BUT there were several problems.

First, the seller was incredibly slow at shipping, I paid via paypal immediately, yet it took 2 weeks before it shipped and he only shipped after I threatened to file dispute with paypal, report him here, and requested my money back. He lied about shipping (saying he had, but he really didn't) and would not give me a tracking number. Once this happened though he shipped it immediately with tracking and insurance.

Second, communication was terrible, he only responded to my emails when I threatened to report him to the RC universe boards, repeatedly.

Third, after he actually shipped the item I recieved it in 2 days, but it was packed horribly. He put a boat, radio, batteries in a large box loosely packed with crumpled up newspaper. None of the individual items were wrapped or secure. It's amazing it made it in one piece.

Finally, he misrepresented his product. After I got the boat I noticed there was a chip/small crack in the hull. I checked it and water comes in through it. I asked him about it and he told me that there was no chip in the hull when he sent it, and suggested I file an insurance claim with the USPS. Yet, going back to the pictures he sent me of the boat prior to my purchase, you can see the crack, the picture was taken at an angle that makes it hard to notice. So this was a lie as well.

So, I can't officially rate him, and I didn't mention his name in this post. But I am dissapointed. I've just started getting involved in RC and boy was this a painful lesson. Incidentally, searching the internet using his email adress shows that he does have a history of bad communication, so I do take responsibility for not checking into this first. Sadly, I thought his offer was good and I even sent him more money than he asked for as a gesture of good faith.

Bottom line is I would like to provide a rating for this seller, I would hate to have anyone have to deal with this person. I can provide full email logs to anyone interested regarding the sale. I know the product was recieved, yet I found the whole transaction quite nerve-wracking.
Old 09-25-2008, 10:28 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Want to rate a seller, but....

I am sorry you are having a problem with another RCU member.

Because you did not use the Make Offer tool, there is no way to post or receive a rating. This is clearly explained in every ad through the link "WHY IT'S CRITICAL FOR BUYERS TO USE THE "MAKE OFFER" FORM VS. EMAIL"

Please be sure to use the Make Offer tool for future transactions.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:25 PM
rcbobp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the opposite problem. I want to rate a Buyer who backed out AFTER I accepted his offer. Unfortunately, before I went to rate him, I canceled the Offer, thus I can't get to the ratings section. Is it possible to rate the Buyer in this case? I guess I should have rated him first, before putting the ad back in circulation.
Old 10-03-2008, 03:34 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Please PM me the ad # in question.