Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

REFUND FIRST OR RETURN ITEM FIRST?

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

REFUND FIRST OR RETURN ITEM FIRST?

Old 11-07-2008, 12:05 AM
tdmoss61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default REFUND FIRST OR RETURN ITEM FIRST?

hey guys, i have just dragged through a bad experience with another rcu member where i purchased a heli from him, and he basically sent me a crashed heli, just a box full of parts. just to avoid conflict and returning the item, i asked that he just send the esc and screws that were conviently left out and i would take my licks and be done with it. three weeks later and a few days from the paypal deadline still nothing, i have no choice but to file complaints with rcu and paypal. i have asked for a full refund. considering that this person has already tried to do wrong, is there a rule that says i have to return this item to him before i recieve my full refund. does anyone know what the rcu ruling is on this? i dont want to make the same mistake twice.. any help or advise would be greatly appreciated...........thanx.........
Old 11-07-2008, 12:12 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: REFUND FIRST OR RETURN ITEM FIRST?

General business practice says you have to return the item before you will receive a refund. If you have a problem with a product purchased at a store, they won't even give you the time of day if you ask for a refund before they have the item in their hands and can inspect it to be sure it is in the same condition as they sold it.
Old 11-07-2008, 01:12 AM
tdmoss61

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: REFUND FIRST OR RETURN ITEM FIRST?

thanks for the reply. i do understand that it is common practice to return the item first in most cases. the only reason i was concerned about this situation is the fact that he used someone elses paypal account. considering what he has done in the past, the possibility exists that he may just keep it and pay nothing. but now that i have heard it from a moderator, i suppose i have no choice but to take my chances. sometimes it is hard to understand how someone can disreguard the rules and intentionally try to trick, cheat and hoodwink another member, force you to do whatever you have to do to get your money back after paying your hard earned money for something you never got. and for all your troubles, you still dont have a leg to stand on. although i must admit, despite the few bad deals i have had on here, most have been very pleasant and rewarding with good honest people. that makes it worthwhile.... thanx again......td...