Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

A little help please, not sure if this is where I should post

Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

A little help please, not sure if this is where I should post

Old 11-11-2008, 11:47 AM
dcc0011

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A little help please, not sure if this is where I should post

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question. I am about to do my first trade and I wanted to know how I know this is safe? We are both trading plus members and I have given my bank ACC. # when I signed up. If the other seller also has trading plus membership does that mean that his identity is verified? I don't think this guy would rip me off but I don't know any of you so I gotta cover my own ars here. Any suggestions for a newb? Is there any legal course of action if I did get screwed? I'm sure my attorney would verify my identity for anyone that would want to know but should I ask the same from someone I trade with?
Old 11-11-2008, 01:50 PM
Barber420
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: A little help please, not sure if this is where I should post

Off topic, but I see your in Mt. Pleasant!!! I party there all the time with some of my friends that live there!!! We're all long out of college, but like to pretend we aren't sometimes!!! Fire Up Chips, Central/Western was off the hook this year!!!!
Old 11-11-2008, 02:56 PM
Druss

you can never be 100% certain in trades but most guys are honest hobbyists. there are always going to be a few guys that are just out for themselves and don't care one way or the other whether they screw you over. one option is to both pay each other via paypal and "buy" them from each other instead of calling it a trade. this way both parties have some protection.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:37 AM
1cougar1
My Feedback: (6)

i would never give out any important #(social sercuity, bank account #, credit card #) to anyone. w/out being absolutly certian there ligit.
Old 11-18-2008, 11:42 AM
dcc0011

I meant that I gave acc. # to RCU. LoL. I would also block out acc. # on bills and such but you could see my name and add. showing I live at this residence. That would verify my identity and show an add. I wouldn't give out all that stuff, just enough to let people know I am not gonna try to screw them. I also have a reputable attorney that would talk with someone and say, " Yes, David Carey is a client of mine and is standing in front of me right now and I am a whiteness to the conditions of the trade." Then I would with out a doubt show that I am who I say I am, live where I say I live, and am not afraid to prove it with a reputable attorney. That would make it pretty easy for someone to trust they can send first and I wouldn't screw them. This is a crazy world we live in and I would like to think everybody thinks like the rest responsible society but the truth is you can never be too carefull these days.