Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

more than 30 ads in 30 days

Old 11-17-2008, 10:56 AM
Hammbone
My Feedback: (309)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default more than 30 ads in 30 days

Is there a way that I can be allowed to post more than 30 ads in 30 days? I am not a commercial seller. I'm just a hobbyist, but I'm very involved in the hobby and I've gotten carried away and I have way too much stuff. I have a bunch of stuff that I want to sell right now. Is there a membership level that allows for me to post more than 30 ads in 30 days, or some other way that I am allowed to post more than 30 ads in 30 days. I just don't see any mention of it anywhere.
I'm a Power Member right now. Is there is a reasonably priced upgrade that will allow me to post more than 30 ads in 30 days?

Thanks, Jim
Old 11-17-2008, 03:09 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: more than 30 ads in 30 days

Any ad posted which exceeds the 30 ads in 30 days limit must be posted as a ProSeller. We had to take this action in order to help keep the costs of running the site on a manageable level. As a Power Member, you are already at the right level to take advantage of this.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:21 PM
Hammbone

So it will cost me an additional $15 per ad for each ad over 30 ads in 30 days? There's no other options?
I guess I'll list my stuff for sale elsewhere.

Jim
Old 11-17-2008, 03:42 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Absolutely not. Please review the
Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Unless you are posting Garage Sale style listings, your maximum additional fee would be $2.75. Please review the listing fee schedule and compare this to what you would pay on Ebay.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Fd91018.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	1073874  
Old 11-17-2008, 03:52 PM
Hammbone

When I tried to post my 31st ad just now, I was going to be charged a $15 insertion fee plus $2.75 for add ons.

There are other R/C sites where I can post as many ads as I want for free. I guess I will take advantage of those sites.

Jim
Old 11-17-2008, 05:01 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

The only way you would be charged an additional fee beyond the $2.75 is if you elected to use enhancements with your ad, or if you posted greater than 7 items in an ad with an Asking Price of more than $199.95.

Yes, there are other sites which do not have any pricing involved with their ad listings. However, every one of them has the following short comings.

1) Less traffic to your ads
2) Lower presence on the web
3) Bulletin board interface used as a buy/sell platform that does not provide anywhere near the feature rich environment present in the RCUniverse.com marketplace.

As a long time RCU member with an extensive history in our marketplace, I am confident you would agree that a minor fee charged for high volume sellers is not too much to ask considering all of the benefits your ads receive by being hosted on this site compared to others.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:14 PM
Hammbone

Thanks for answering my question.

I've already paid for an upgraded mebership in your marketplace. Now if I want to place more than 30 ads in 30 days, I have the option to list on this site, and pay even more, or list as many ads as I want on other sites for free.

I like your buyer / seller ratings system that you have on this site, but I'm not going to pay an additional $17.75 (after already paying $20 for an upgraded membership) to list 8 servos for sale on this site, when I can list them for sale on another site for free.

One other site in particular is a very good option with high traffic and good sales results. I would suggest that you guys review your policies. I get more on the other site for free, than I get on this site with a paid for, upgraded membership.

I would suggest that you give people like me, that have paid for an upgraded membership, the ability to place more than 30 ads in 30 days without being labeled a "proseller" and having to pay even more.

Jim