Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Universe Support > MarketPlace questions or problem?
Reload this Page >

Irritating Multiple Offer Trend in the Marketplace

Community
Search
Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Irritating Multiple Offer Trend in the Marketplace

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 03:50 PM
DreamingTree1027
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Irritating Multiple Offer Trend in the Marketplace

This is the reason that I, more often than not, look at the postings on the bottom of the page than the offers. The postings are usually either someone actually interested or someone trying to trade their crap, which makes trading good things harder but othere than that the marketplace is all around amazing. It is a great way for RC guys to get rid of the old and bring in the new on a budget!

Old 06-03-2009, 04:03 PM
qldviking

I always check both posted questions and the offers list, before i decide whether to offer and how much
Old 07-16-2009, 07:16 PM
Silvaire
My Feedback: (50)

Here's yet another example:

http://www.rcuniverse.com/market/item.cfm?itemId=534443

This happens to be a vintage Dynajet pulse jet engine priced at a mere $100.
(However, the seller states in his description that he is "taking offers".)[:'(]

Looking at the offers, there are 7 private offers shown - and all placed within a time frame of 8 seconds.

It looks to me like an effort by the person making the offers to intimidate others who might also have an interest in this item, and that there were these 7 offers made (whether active or rejected) will be a matter of record on this sellers ad.

I guess I'm just repeating my request of the RCU administration to DUMP the posting of offers in the Marketplace, or to perhaps give sellers the OPTION of whether or not they wish the offers on their items be shown.
Old 07-16-2009, 07:56 PM
qldviking

I see what you mean, but having listed items similar ways on different sites, I have that a group of offers listed like usually means a lowballer, and doesnt affect me in the least, I will still make an offer of what I consider a fair price if I am interested. on some of my listings I had some fools put in as many if not more, and not one was in the ballpark of what I was looking to get.