Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Scam Attempt!

Old 12-06-2009, 11:26 PM
Savy92
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scam Attempt!

Jane_4422:i will like to make an offer $450 for the car pls let me know if you accept my offer payment for the item will be through paypal and the pick up will be arranged

I was sent the message above on my ad and accepted the offer from him. He then said the following...Thanks for the mail ,and thanks for the accepting my offer i am buying the item as a gift for my son as i am at sea at the moment as i am a marine engineer and i really want the Gift to be a surprise for my son so i won't let him know anything about the car until it gets delivered to him,I am sure he will be more than happy with the car.I insisted on paypal because i don't have access to my bank account online as i don't have internet banking, but i can pay from my paypal account, as i have my bank a/c attached to it, i will need you to give me your paypal email address so i can make the payments asap for the item.I have a pick up agent that will come and pick the car up after i have made the payments.

He said he would send payments to paypal of $1200..$750 for western union agent....$450 for the hyper...$100 for extra costs.
I received an email from "paypal" saying i received instant payment of $1200 and it would be on hold until the agent number or something like that from western union was received. I was suspicious of it already being a western union payment and the fact that paypal required me to pay for the agent with my own money first.

I sent an email to paypal, they said it was a scam and it will be investigated.

I hope this account is handled by RCU as well... No one should be scammed on a site for Hobby enthusiast.

BTW... His location on his account is QC, Canada and he is in the sea and he wanted an agent from the UK to pick it up...bad scammer.
Old 12-08-2009, 12:15 AM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Scam Attempt!

Thank you for submitting this for our review.

Jane_4422 has been banned and added to the scammers list.

Please remember that the fastest way to report a problem in the marketplace is to use the "Report Ad to Moderator" link present in each and every ad. Submitting that form will send an alert to all of our marketplace moderator staff so that action can be taken as quickly as possible.