Notices
MarketPlace questions or problem? Post questions or problems related to the RC Universe Marketplace in this forum.

Canada shipping

Old 12-16-2009, 11:25 AM
jfl14609
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Canada shipping

Not sure if this is the right place for this but does anyone know what shipping time will be from toronto to ny
Old 12-16-2009, 12:08 PM
JWN
Community Moderators
My Feedback: (42)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Canada shipping

That depends entirely on the carrier used along with the service desired. You can calculate postage and time through the Canada Post Office website if using their service, or UPS, FedEx, or any other carrier you would like to compare.

UPS and FedEx are much faster than the postal service and will generally take anywhere from a couple of days to a week. Postal service time can be greatly influenced by customs and may take anywhere from a few days to 6 weeks.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:25 PM
jfl14609

yeah I ind of figured that. I didnt realized the guy was in canada till after I paid go figure. I have apackage tahts been about a week called canada post and they said if it wasnt delivered to have the sender get ahold of them to start researching it as when i call the usps they dont even have a receipt of it being in the us yet where canada says its been here since monday. Ahh what a pain. Looks like I should have went with a more experienced shipper that realizes going the cheap route isnt a good idea
Old 12-16-2009, 02:43 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Don't forget that as the buyer, you can stipulate the shipping method you would prefer at the time you make your offer. The sellers location is also listed in the ad for your review prior to making an offer.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:51 PM
jfl14609

Yeah i am rather new to this stuff and dont even think about it.  Most people that I have dealt with  seem to know how to do everything and have kind of guided me.  But this is a first being canada and I will never do it again.  Now the question is since no one seems to know where it is whats the next step.  I am thinking I have to hope the seller will contact canada post and get  the ball rolling and I will just kind of sit and wait.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:54 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

If Canada Post says the package is in the US, there is little they will be able to do. The US Postal Service' tracking system is not exactly the best. I have seen many situations where I have been provided with a USPS tracking code and it does not even register in their online system until after I have received the package.

With the current package load in the system due to the holidays, I would not expect a quick delivery.
Old 12-16-2009, 02:59 PM
jfl14609

yeah like I said stupid mistake especially from a new seller just always makes you wonder in the back of your head if there is some kind of scam going on.  I really don't think so but you never know.   hard to beleive I ordered from china last week and already got it.  and I havent gotten a package thats only a three hour drive from my house.  I should have just drove to get it
Old 12-17-2009, 07:26 AM
jfl14609

Do you know of any way to find out if a package is even at customs I call usps and they have no record of it period canada says its been there since monday
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
JWN
Community Moderators

If you can get the tracking number from the seller, you may be able to find a phone number through one of the US Government sites for a contact in Customs who can do a search through their system.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:04 PM
jfl14609

I do have a tracking number but the only number I can call is the usps and they say its not yet been received.  any idea where to find a customs number?
Old 12-17-2009, 05:57 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

You may find one by searching through Google or your favorite search engine for a US Customs web site.
Old 12-21-2009, 06:54 AM
jfl14609

Just an  update we have passed 9 shipping days now.. I am guessing its just stuck in customs but USPS says it should have been released by them unless there was a documentation issue.  I asked the seller to start the researching stuff with Canada post last Thurs as they and usps advised me to do but he said that he called them and they said they couldn't do it.  Then I didn't receive it Friday either I sent a text to the seller never heard back and he still didn't contact Canada post to start the stuff so i went to PayPal and started a dispute.  Normally I wouldn't have done this but with the seller not doing anything to help the issue accept enjoy the PayPal money I sent him I thought it would help motivate him.  He said that he was going to contact this am we will see what happens.  I am really nervous about this sale as once I sent him the PayPal payment I noticed that he uses an alias on here not his real name and after doing a little research it seems as though he is one of those guys that changes his screen name allot.  He seems like a honest guy but the whole using a different name thing makes me a little more cautious.  Am I wrong
Old 12-23-2009, 09:52 PM
JWN
Community Moderators

Please PM the information you have about the user including not only his current username, but any other previous usernames he has used.