RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MarketPlace questions or problem? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/)
-   -   Can't access marketplace (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/10174850-cant-access-marketplace.html)

tdmoss61 12-03-2010 09:16 PM

Can't access marketplace

The last day I have had problems accessing the marketplace. I have been trying off and on for the pastseveral hours and I cannot access my market settings page or basically anything to do with the marketplace. I can get on most everything else. It gives me a " service not available" message. Is this due to the update also? Earlier today I got on a couple of times, but had to wait a long time for loading, and then could notuse the links. Will this last very long?.................................Reguards.... ...........TD

JWN 12-03-2010 09:31 PM

RE: Can't access marketplace

We are aware of several ongoing issues related to our recent site migration to new servers and service provider. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your patience through this process.

a1pcfixer 12-04-2010 03:25 AM

ORIGINAL: tdmoss61

The last day I have had problems accessing the marketplace. I have been trying off and on for the past several hours and I cannot access my market settings page or basically anything to do with the marketplace. I can get on most everything else. It gives me a '' service not available'' message. .........
Unfortunately, things have gotten worse since the upgrade.

Seems the RCU server hosting any images, isn't interacting well with the new servers.
Anything off the main RCU site that link via a 'redirect' to the one hosting images, isn't up to speed yet.

Easily seen when you try viewing images in a Gallery (over 200) aka Slideshow, or as you noted, access to Market Place.
Also notable in photo displayed in messages, and the smilies you can put in messages.

With MSIExploder 8 you can get in, but images don't display entirely correctly.
With Firefox 3.6.12 it just goes into an endless loop, failing to load at all.

They will eventually 'get it' fixed...........hopefully before Christmas?[sm=confused.gif]

rcwarbirdbuilder 12-04-2010 06:18 AM

CAN"TACCEss Buy and Sell takes forever and the RCU server never completes the load. Is a FIX on the way?

PilotCK 12-04-2010 07:28 AM

Diddom, Can't access anything on Buy & Sell

gelcoat-RCU 12-04-2010 01:10 PM

Whew.....for the last 3 days I have had these frustrations of not being able to shop on my favorite site ever. The problem was posted and immediately John from RCU eased the pain by informing that it was not my computor but server issues.

John, thanks a million for standing on guard for us.

I look forward to getting back to shopping again. RCU is still my best store because it is manned and frequented by the best people in the modelling community.

John B... loyal canadian.

FLAPHappy 12-04-2010 01:32 PM

ORIGINAL: JWN

We are aware of several ongoing issues related to our recent site migration to new servers and service provider. We are working to resolve these issues as quickly as possible.

We thank you for your patience through this process.

John, we know the new server is creating problems. Wanted to let you know, Yesterday and the day before, I tried to reset a stock photo on an ad I placed 5 different times, it never went through, yet I was charged $1.00 for each submission. I don't think that is fair when it's a server problem. Do you have estimate on how long this will take?.

bigwillie01 12-04-2010 03:27 PM

for the last two or three days i have not beenn able to get on rcu. is everybody haveing the same problem? or is it just me.
can somebody tell me please.
thanks

ciscoracing18 12-04-2010 03:46 PM

In a way I'm glad to see someone else have this problem I have been pulling my hair out trying ti find a way in to the buy-sell add's. I hope they get it fixxed soon I have a plane I need to sell!! Good Luck fixxing the problem!!

Skippykix 12-05-2010 05:58 AM

Oh please please please fix this thing!!!! I'm dying a slow death not being able to surf my favorite R/C marketplace. It's XMAS and I need some new toys!!

rcwarbirdbuilder 12-05-2010 06:33 AM

The answer to the problem is feds and advertisers don't want holiday new item gross sales being detracted by used goods bought and sold among individuals.

bigwillie01 12-05-2010 07:56 AM

is this gonna get fixed anytime soon? [&o]

JWN 12-05-2010 08:56 AM

We are working to get this issue resolved as quickly as possible.

If you were charged for a marketplace ad enhancement that is not functioning, please send me the ad #'s in a PM and I will credit your account.

And BTW, this has absolutely NOTHING to do with the Feds or any other kind of conspiracy theory. This migration has been far more complicated than originally scoped.

bigwillie01 12-05-2010 09:05 AM

thanks and let me know as soon as its fixed.

EMB145CA 12-05-2010 10:06 AM

Hi everyone....

Add me to the list of not being able to get into the RCU Marketplace. I can get in everywhere else but the marketplace. I thought the new Malware I installed was screwing it up so I deleted that but now I see it's not on my end. Yup, I'm having RCU withdrawls as well.... :-)

Jon

EMB145CA 12-05-2010 10:59 AM

Hi everyone....

Add me to the list of not being able to get into the RCU Marketplace. I can get in everywhere else but the marketplace. I thought the new Malware I installed was screwing it up so I deleted that but now I see it's not on my end. Yup, I'm having RCU withdrawls as well.... :-)

Jon

PilotCK 12-06-2010 07:29 PM

What is the anticipation time of the Buy/Sell forum being up and running? I have Ads to post

JWN 12-06-2010 07:38 PM

I am sorry, but we do not have a schedule available at this time for the completion of the migration. Again, we are working to get everything back up and running as quickly as possible.

toyman-1 12-17-2010 07:45 PM

Same here dido dido!! I'm sorry John, that your having Problems. It sound like everyone is having withdraw. I know that I am. Hope you get it up and running soon. But in the mean time everyone, have a great Christmas The Toyman

JWN 12-19-2010 09:10 AM

Just so everyone understands, these issues affect every one of our members, not just a few. They even affect our staff.

dsldrvr69 02-09-2011 11:27 AM

i cant access my adds or classifieds. Is there any current issues going on it was working fine till about 15minutes ago i posted some items for sale . Please reply

dsldrvr69 02-09-2011 11:47 AM

anybody having problems getting on market place?

habitforming 02-09-2011 11:54 AM

I am also unable to access the Marketplace

FLAPHappy 02-09-2011 12:10 PM

Yeah, It's only been since October, but they are working on it. Don't hold your breath too long. It doe's not work today again.

JWN 02-09-2011 01:37 PM

We have a trouble ticket submitted with our developers. I do not have an ETA for a solution at this time.