RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MarketPlace questions or problem? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/)
-   -   The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks... (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/11645760-new-rcu-market-place-could-use-few-tweaks.html)

sysiek 03-24-2018 08:18 AM

The new rcu market place could use a few tweaks...
 
Please post your opinion about the new rcu upgrade ,to me this is total chaos the market and the forum page becoming more complicated if you want to look for specific stuf .

DUCMOZ 03-24-2018 08:25 AM

You can refer to the thread for "change". All comments are there.

paulsf86 03-24-2018 10:57 AM

Even bigger mess than I thought. + on picture does not work, cannot see offers, offers hard to make now, sub categories gone, and worst of all, cannot log in without giving them permission to permanently keep your login, aint gonna happen. By by RCU

sysiek 03-24-2018 01:12 PM

Changing all my rc stuff to rcgroups this place going wrong defection ,wondering who got paid for fu.. up so badly ,all time favorite rc market-forum place .

atchfoot 04-14-2018 04:20 PM

Is useless when trying to buy or sell.

TCHIEF 04-14-2018 06:04 PM

Agreed. I have tried 3 times to buy a radio system with no results or responses. Never had a problem before

tp777fo 04-15-2018 04:26 AM

The dumb *****es dont understand if there are no RCU users the advertisers wont do business with them. They have ruined a great site.

tuan lam 04-15-2018 02:01 PM

now I have to go to RC Group all the time instead of RCU all the time before they change , so sad to look for jet stub you have to see everything you don't need and just wasting your time on it:mad:
from now on I think RCGroup it better RC marketplace for me now

atchfoot 04-15-2018 08:29 PM

It was great while it lasted, but perhaps is time to shut it down

dubd 04-16-2018 05:32 AM

In the last couple of years, the marketplace was the only reason I came to this site. With the marketplace in such terrible shape, there isn't a reason to use RCU anymore.

BarracudaHockey 04-16-2018 05:46 AM

You guys are in the wrong place. If you want complaints about the marketplace seen by people that can do something, take this to Forum Questions/Problems.

triumphman49 04-16-2018 06:49 AM

Wonder if the "guys that can do something" would be better off spending time reviewing forum responses than making "off the wall" changes.

atchfoot 04-16-2018 07:27 AM


Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12423238)
You guys are in the wrong place. If you want complaints about the marketplace seen by people that can do something, take this to Forum Questions/Problems.

If those able to do something positive are not willing to, unless this discussion takes place on another area of their website, who cares? This speaks volumes about those able to do something.

BarracudaHockey 04-16-2018 07:45 AM

That's how you took that?

How about: The people that can do something don't routinely monitor all areas of the site so the best place to comment on the upgrade/issues/suggestions, is the forum that they monitor regularly for such comments.

SMOKERPLANE 04-16-2018 08:12 AM

It’s sucks I’m gone

marquisvns 04-16-2018 08:16 AM

Andy, it doesn't get worse, and I don't think any of us care to put up a "suggestion" since the change shouldn't have been there in the first place. There's absolutely to esthetic value nor efficiency in searching..., just wrong in every which way.

Obviously you are much more connected with those people, why not send them a link, perhaps they care enough to chime in and ask us why, nor not.

atchfoot 04-16-2018 08:54 AM

I don't wish to spoon feed anyone suggestions about their own website. If they aren't willing to monitor for suggestions/improvements, let them continue to enjoy the benefits of their changes.

Zeeb 04-16-2018 12:22 PM


Originally Posted by dubd (Post 12423232)
In the last couple of years, the marketplace was the only reason I came to this site. With the marketplace in such terrible shape, there isn't a reason to use RCU anymore.

When I started with RC about 14 years ago, RCU was THE go to place for anything related to the RC world. Then when it changed hands the first time, they started doing stupid stuff in an attempt to retain their user base and get more "eyes" to brag about to the advertisers. like you couldn't post a link to another website. The moderators in the forums were just turned into a**holes causing more and more of the GS guys to leave and head over to FG. It's been the same way with the airplane section everytime someone else buys the thing and they're going to "increase revenue" by creating more restrictions, rules, dumb ass policies and such that people kept leaving. Now, the only reason to be here on the airplane side is the Jet Forum and the Marketplace where RCU makes money on the upgraded ads. After the forum change over which finally works 'sorta well except the the HUGE increase in pop up ads including those better placed on a pornography based website (how can you guys be THAT crazy?) but that can be handled with various browsers and ad blockers which RCU attempts to prevent you from using.

Does it ever dawn on them that fewer eyeballs on the website mean less money? Do they realize that even if the marketplace was a pain to maintain due to older code that caused the IT guys to actually have to WORK instead of just acting on auto pilot to fix things cost a lot less than the lost revenue from folks not coming here anymore?

I used to buy and sell stuff here on the Market Place but I've not been there since my first encounter with "the new and improved Market Place" and have no intention of going back. FG and RCGroups have much cleaner forums for selling stuff. RCGroups and FG have fledgling Turbine forums which are growing as we speak.

iBobi and company; it's been a long slow death spiral for this website and you are not responsible for all of it, but you're going to be responsible for it going bye bye by continuing to run it as IT geeks and the accounting guys prefer, not the customers who pay for all this stuff by their patronage and fees.

u2fast 04-17-2018 04:03 AM

barracudahockey, in the market place under announcements there are multiple threads with user complaints listed. the threads are several pages long and have been there and growing since the gutting of the marketplace. yet, today the marketplace is garbage. so in summary, that DIDNT WORK. like i said there, if a marketplace is better by searching keywords, then we should do away with sub forums. let people just post and we can search key words and see if a post is interesting to us. but only a fool would run a forum with so many interest within the group like that. but that is the marketplace now. they have tried to add back category's but when going to marketplace, every category is checked. i have to sit and uncheck every box each time i go to the main marketplace home page. yaawwwnnn.

tp777fo 04-17-2018 04:26 AM

Zeeb.....what is FG? RCG us full of good ads and looks easy to use.

grbaker 04-17-2018 05:04 AM


Zeeb.....what is FG?
Flying Giants

SECRET AGENT 04-17-2018 05:06 AM

Maybe FG is Flying Giants?

dubd 04-17-2018 07:49 AM


Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey (Post 12423300)
That's how you took that?

How about: The people that can do something don't routinely monitor all areas of the site so the best place to comment on the upgrade/issues/suggestions, is the forum that they monitor regularly for such comments.


If they do not routinely monitor the higher trafficked areas of the site, then they deserve the loss of users. It should be common sense for anyone running a community site that you'll have a better chance at collecting feedback by opening up lines of communication within the pages that people routinely visit, versus hoping people find the time to go visit a upgrade/issues/suggestion page.

mongo 04-17-2018 08:38 AM


Originally Posted by u2fast (Post 12423654)
barracudahockey, in the market place under announcements there are multiple threads with user complaints listed. the threads are several pages long and have been there and growing since the gutting of the marketplace. yet, today the marketplace is garbage. so in summary, that DIDNT WORK. like i said there, if a marketplace is better by searching keywords, then we should do away with sub forums. let people just post and we can search key words and see if a post is interesting to us. but only a fool would run a forum with so many interest within the group like that. but that is the marketplace now. they have tried to add back category's but when going to marketplace, every category is checked. i have to sit and uncheck every box each time i go to the main marketplace home page. yaawwwnnn.

fast,
it did that all boxes checked thing to me once. i had clicked the actual word airplanes when doing the choices thing, instead of clicking the little + sign on the right end of the airplanes bar.
started clicking that + and have not had that all boxes checked problem since.
dunno if that will work for you and your system.

Chris Nicastro 04-17-2018 07:55 PM

+1 on the Sucks thing...

reo 04-18-2018 03:38 PM

Not much point in listing anything anymore if it's not convenient for buyers to see the ads.

Eaglepilot2 04-20-2018 06:59 AM

Looks as if RC Groups and Flying Giants have the same (functional) platform. Wonder why RCU couldn't use the same??

TeamMuir1 04-20-2018 06:24 PM

Sucks
 
GO TO FLYING GIANTS.... at least there you can post adds buy and sell easy... RC GROUP.. isnt that mainly for electrics ?

dubd 04-21-2018 08:03 AM

Another alternative: Facebook group for RC Jet classifieds with 2200 members. https://m.facebook.com/groups/322286671518830

Zeeb 04-21-2018 09:47 AM


Originally Posted by dubd (Post 12424986)
Another alternative: Facebook group for RC Jet classifieds with 2200 members. https://m.facebook.com/groups/322286671518830

You still using Facebook after what's been revealed about their use/sale of personal information?

I used it for about a month not long after it started getting popular, that was enough and now it seems my suspicions were justified.

dubd 04-21-2018 05:43 PM

Yes, and I still use Google, Amazon, and a host of other “big data” companies. Many have had data issues. Facebook didn’t sell any personal data. Ultimately, we live in unprecedented times with technology and its what companies do to fix compromises that’s important to me.

silver_cloud_3 04-23-2018 08:32 AM

new site
 
Agree with all, this new format is a PIA .... I don't know why certain websites have to "change" to a new format. They just did this on Outlook mail at MSN....the new mail site sucks about as much as the new RCU site. People get used to a good format, it lasts for years and requires little to no maintenance...then change, BAM !!! nothing but trouble.

BarracudaHockey 04-23-2018 09:05 AM


it lasts for years and requires little to no maintenance
That you see

I have no direct knowledge of the why in this particular case but if I were to guess I would say that the code was no longer being supported. What that means is that old code becomes vulnerable to known and published attacks, if the code isn't being supported that means those holes can't be closed and therefore exploited.

rcmigpilot 04-23-2018 03:39 PM

I think it was posted in one of the threads that the code was custom written for the site and could not be updated or something like that, long and short of it was the change was mandatory, not optional.

rcflyguy_26 04-24-2018 12:52 AM

I've noticed more jets for sale on FG

Auburn02 04-24-2018 05:10 AM


Originally Posted by TeamMuir1 (Post 12424874)
GO TO FLYING GIANTS.... at least there you can post adds buy and sell easy... RC GROUP.. isnt that mainly for electrics ?

Flying Giants...isn't that mainly for 3D prop planes?

RCG at least has a specific jets classified forum, has for a long time. FG has a "planes and accessories" section.

jetmaven 04-24-2018 05:15 AM

Over at RCG they list fuel jets from e-jets .
Makes your search even easier . I've noticed a lot more traffic over there of late .

rcmigpilot 04-24-2018 02:13 PM

As of two minutes ago they still haven't fixed the filters disappearing when you go back after looking at an item. I filtered for turbine engines, clicked on a listing then when I clicked the back button the turbine filter was gone and I was looking at all the engine listings. Not worth the hassle to browse ads.

doubledcom 04-26-2018 10:18 PM


Originally Posted by sysiek (Post 12415718)
Changing all my rc stuff to rcgroups this place going wrong defection ,wondering who got paid for fu.. up so badly ,all time favorite rc market-forum place .

+1

doubledcom 04-26-2018 10:19 PM


Originally Posted by rcmigpilot (Post 12426060)
As of two minutes ago they still haven't fixed the filters disappearing when you go back after looking at an item. I filtered for turbine engines, clicked on a listing then when I clicked the back button the turbine filter was gone and I was looking at all the engine listings. Not worth the hassle to browse ads.

+1


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:15 AM.


Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.