RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MarketPlace questions or problem? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/)
-   -   Rcu questions (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/11667981-rcu-questions.html)

Skip 08-07-2019 05:34 AM

Rcu questions

This used to be a great place to buy and sell. Now it's a piece of crap due to new changes. THANKS for messing it up. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

IBJoel 08-07-2019 06:37 AM

Hi Skip, to what specific changes are you referring?

Skip 08-07-2019 11:14 AM

It is not a user friendly place. Why was it changed to begin with?. I'm not a complainer normally, but asking my friends has confirmed that they also hate it now. There are so many areas I dislike I am done.

IBJoel 08-07-2019 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Skip (Post 12542096)
It is not a user friendly place. Why was it changed to begin with?. I'm not a complainer normally, but asking my friends has confirmed that they also hate it now. There are so many areas I dislike I am done.

OK, but if we are to address some of those things, we need to know what has changed that you don't like. If you give me a list of things you'd like to see changed, I'll see what tech and myself can do. One thing we can't do is go back to the old marketplace, as it simply is not compatible with newer versions of the site (and we had to update the site to be compatible with changing legislation and technology).

Skip 08-07-2019 11:34 AM

Perhaps a more logical and functional screen that allows an oldster like me to find what I am looking for. Where do I go to place a big sold sign on my items. Better filters on types of aircraft, engines etc I feel bad for you having to deal with this and I hope things get changed. Thank You for your reply and good luck.

yankee samurai 08-11-2019 10:59 AM

I no longer search the marketplace either. And have made offers on several items that were never answered, even after repeated messages sent to the seller. When I want to search a specific item I don't want to wade through everything else.

IBJoel 08-12-2019 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by yankee samurai (Post 12542916)
I no longer search the marketplace either. And have made offers on several items that were never answered, even after repeated messages sent to the seller. When I want to search a specific item I don't want to wade through everything else.

In what way do you mean "wade through"? Could you give me an example item I could search for?

yankee samurai 08-12-2019 08:38 AM

If I want to search airplanes only, there are electronics, engines and accessories to wade through. In the past I'd go to airplanes and that's the only items that came up.

IBJoel 08-12-2019 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by yankee samurai (Post 12543085)
If I want to search airplanes only, there are electronics, engines and accessories to wade through. In the past I'd go to airplanes and that's the only items that came up.

OK, so this gets into the conundrum of categorizing. Either by Type of Vehicle or Type of Component. I'll see if we can get an option of drilling down or filtering aspects, but if someone just marks an engine as "airplane" that's going to show up regardless.

yellowbird911 08-12-2019 09:46 AM

The new Market Place is awful! What happened to My Market? Can't find ads I've posted nor anything I've posted in the past. If it's right under my nose I would love to know. I am fairly decent with computers and the set up is not logical at all. Could go on.

IBJoel 08-13-2019 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by yellowbird911 (Post 12543098)
The new Market Place is awful! What happened to My Market? Can't find ads I've posted nor anything I've posted in the past. If it's right under my nose I would love to know. I am fairly decent with computers and the set up is not logical at all. Could go on.

If you go to anyone of your ads, you can click "View all ads by User" on the right side. That will take you to a list of all your ads.

yellowbird911 08-13-2019 02:01 PM

So I have to search for one of my ads just to get to a list of my ads, that is a poor design. What if I dont currently have an ad but would like to see an old one.

IBJoel 08-14-2019 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by yellowbird911 (Post 12543405)
So I have to search for one of my ads just to get to a list of my ads, that is a poor design. What if I dont currently have an ad but would like to see an old one.

Go to Advanced Search (RCU Forums - Search Forums), search your username, and select the Marketplace forum. This also lets you select a sub-forum, meaning you can filter what types of your ads you see.

And for User Experience purposes, why would you want to see an old ad? Would you care if other users could easily see your old ads? I ask these because I can work with tech to possibly make this process simpler.

yellowbird911 08-14-2019 09:03 AM

I know you are trying to help so I'm not trying to be critical. Why should I have to search for myself. The old market place was perfect. There was a tab that took me to all my ads and activities. Also seeing old ad is important to me even if it is just to see what I sold something for and to who. Once I had sold a plane several months prior and wanted to contact the buyer because I found a part. Point is the newer market place should have been an improvement and not sure you're going to find anyone who thinks it is. If the change was to increase revenue then it can't be helping. Everyone I know personally list items on Rcgroups now.

IBobi 08-14-2019 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by yellowbird911 (Post 12543563)
I know you are trying to help so I'm not trying to be critical. Why should I have to search for myself. The old market place was perfect. There was a tab that took me to all my ads and activities. Also seeing old ad is important to me even if it is just to see what I sold something for and to who. Once I had sold a plane several months prior and wanted to contact the buyer because I found a part. Point is the newer market place should have been an improvement and not sure you're going to find anyone who thinks it is. If the change was to increase revenue then it can't be helping. Everyone I know personally list items on Rcgroups now.

Hi Yellowbird. We are aware the functionality is quite different than the previous version. We are also aware our current marketplace is superior in design and features to RCG.

There's been a lot of discussion on this topic already, so if you care to avail yourself of it, just find the numerous threads both before and after the conversion to the new marketplace and get reading :)

The short answer is, the old technology could no longer be supported, so a change had to be made. We had no choice. And since that change took place nearly 2 years ago now, it's very much settled. If you have specific suggestions for improving our marketplace, IBjoel will pass them along to our developers.

Best,

-Admin

yellowbird911 08-14-2019 10:17 AM

I can understand that and I do have a specific suggestion. Provide a tab or link somewhere that takes me directly to my ads, new and old. Should not have to search for my own user id and ads when I am logged in. Also I am very aware that this is a free website and really appreciate the effort the RCU team. That said I have spent plenty of money on ads upgrades over the years.

IBJoel 08-15-2019 08:42 AM

Yellowbird, I'm working with tech to look into making a "View My Ads" button or tab.

yellowbird911 08-15-2019 08:43 AM

Outstanding....thank you!

IBobi 08-15-2019 09:52 AM

Meantime I find that the easy way to go to your ads if they're recent, is to click your username on any post, and then click "find more posts by [you]" -- you'll get a list of all your forum posts in chrono order -- and since your Marketplace posts are forum posts, there they are!

IBJoel 10-30-2019 07:37 AM

https://cimg6.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.rcu...c51f490d8e.png

Originally Posted by yellowbird911 (Post 12543098)

You can now see your ads by clicking "My Ads" from the "Buy & Sell" drop-down in the top menu.

GIJon 11-07-2019 06:12 AM

How do I get my permissions back so I can upload photos and edit my current photo album?
Thanks

yellowbird911 11-07-2019 06:32 AM

Thanks IBJoel, that's awesome!

IBJoel 11-07-2019 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by GIJon (Post 12562014)
How do I get my permissions back so I can upload photos and edit my current photo album?
Thanks

Are you trying to upload on rcuniverse.com/g/ ?

GIJon 11-07-2019 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by IBJoel (Post 12562058)
Are you trying to upload on rcuniverse.com/g/ ?

Here is the link. I get here and it says I do not have permission to upload photos.
GIJon's Albums - RCUniverse

IBJoel 11-07-2019 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by GIJon (Post 12562104)
Here is the link. I get here and it says I do not have permission to upload photos.
GIJon's Albums - RCUniverse

Ah, OK. Our team is currently working on restoring functionality. Even I don't have permission.