RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MarketPlace questions or problem? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/)
-   -   Where are the moderators when you need them? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/marketplace-questions-problem-63/169488-where-moderators-when-you-need-them.html)

EASYTIGER 06-20-2002 03:21 PM

Where are the moderators when you need them?

I've been pestered, insulted, flamed, and otherwise harrased by two people(probably the same guy), Heavybird and turbinator. I have complained multiple times, and NOTHING has been done about it?
I thought this place was for grownups? I thought the rules were pretty clear about flames and personal attacks and insults? Why is it such a big deal to delete those posts?
Search the posts by Heavybird and see what I mean...
It's just not worth it, if this is how the site is going to be.
If you have to tread lightly in fear of being called a "sloth" or "sheep" or whatever, then why bother? I've SEEN the unmoderated web, and it's NOT PRETTY, and it's nothing I want to be a part of. If RCU is going to allow this kind of behavior, I'll just split.

Nathan 06-21-2002 12:01 AM

If you're having problems with Moderators ignoring your requests, send them to me. Copy/forward your correspondence with said moderator, or simply relate your problem to me, and I'll take appropriate action.

Taildrager-inactive 06-21-2002 12:08 AM

Easy Tiger

Even though in your message to me you used words I would wash out my Grandkids mouth out for using, I will contact these two individuals and ask them to please not harass you further.

EASYTIGER 06-21-2002 12:14 AM

Thank you, plane insane. I really do appreciate it. I DO think you ought to look at all the posts by this guy(guys?) and see what I mean, and delete as you feel appropriate. I think once you let the door open to that kind of behavior, it's the beginning of the end.
I'm sorry to lose patience with this, but I emailed several moderators,and got no response. This stuff has been sitting up there on the web for over a week. Pointless flames, nothing to do with RC...

Heavybird 06-21-2002 02:52 AM

Easytiger,

Why do you think you are being harrased by me? Also, I am not that other guy (turbinator), as you suggest, I have no connection with that person.
I found your approach to the post about an alternative to e-bay to be just insulting. You move in, and shout down anyone who opposes you. My response was not meant as a flame, it was a defensive move. Perhaps you should go back and read your own posts as if you were the one receiving the attack., put yourself in the reciepiants place.
I personally have found you to be a bully and stand by this assesment and mentioned that in a previous post. I know several people that have been insulted by you and your tactics. As far as a personal attack, that would take knowlege of the attackee, which I do not have. Can you say that you have never attacked anyone on this forum? In fact there is proof fo this in your posts. You have freely attacked people in the open while remaining anonomus. What you are doing is akin to the old saying "the pot calling the kettle black"
I think you could learn from your plee to the administartion of this site. There are those who feel the same as you they just haven't figured out where to go to complain or maybe they didn't think it would help.
I ask that the moderators take a little time to go through your posts while they are at it to see if YOU are not the one who needs complaining about.

Easytiger, I think perhaps a little self awareness would go a long way in your case. I personally have no axe to grind with you (how could I) I don't even know who you are.

Heavybird 06-21-2002 03:14 AM

One more thing

You know, A little hint of what I am talking about is here

I DO think you ought to look at all the posts by this guy(guys?) and see what I mean, and delete as you feel appropriate. I think once you let the door open to that kind of behavior, it's the beginning of the end.
. . .and delete as you feel appropriate?

Easytiger, Behavior? How about the behavior where you are telling them to OFF me? PLease! "As you feel apropriate"? So it is apropriate to eliminate anyone that disagrees with you but you can go about interjecting and shouting wherever you please? Do you really feel that the majority of your posts are. . .what?, "just the way it is"

By the way, This is NOT a flame, it is (again) a defense from an attack. You have actually asked to have what I have said removed?

Turbinator-inactive 06-21-2002 03:17 AM

Easytiger

Easytiger,

I just got a PM from a moderator about harassing you. After reading heavybirds post above I can only say I agree 100%. The only reason I commented on your post where that you are a loud bully commenting in every single category on RCU. You are a legend in your own mind, an expert in Jets, Warbirds, Giant Scale, FF, CL, Helicopters, engines, auctions, classic cars, kitchen utensils, rocket science, nuclear propulsion etc. etc. etc. This makes you a very easy victim for a smart remark now and then.

Anyone interested, go check some of Easytigers 600 posts. A whole bunch of name calling etc.

I will be happy to stop commenting on your posts, but I am sure somebody else will take over after been slammed online by you.

Now go back and spread some more of your incredible wisdom

Peter,

BTW, no, Heavybird and Turbinator are not the same persons. As far as i know you can only have one RCU ID.

Heavybird 06-21-2002 03:38 AM

I almost forgot

In my egorness to answer this guy's (request/attack) I missed a few things.

If you have to tread lightly in fear of being called a "sloth" or "sheep" or whatever, then why bother? I've SEEN the unmoderated web, and it's NOT PRETTY, and it's nothing I want to be a part of. If RCU is going to allow this kind of behavior, I'll just split.
Number 1] I never called you a Sloth or a Sheep.

Number 2] I think it is a little insulting to this site (RCU) to suggest that if they don't do what you want, then you will. . . Split?

Easytiger, I don't think anyone (myself included) wants to make personal attacks here on this site. Hopefully this thread has been of some help to you. I urge you to re think what you have said.

GelCell 06-21-2002 04:15 AM

ummm..

normally i would just let this kind of thing run its course.. but out of curiosity, i looked up the posts i could find by the alleged attackers (HeavyB. and Turbinator) and the plaintiff (E.T.).. and since i am an unbiased party, and i have no affiliation with any of you whatsoever, i figured i would interject and offer my own take on the situation:

E.T., in the 4 pages of posts by you that i read (the ones that stand undeleted by yourself) you were never out and out, or deliberately namecalled without provocation.
not only that but you tended to be a know-it-all bully that stuck his foot in his mouth on many occasion, and ran away when you are proven wrong.
when you were called on your many-a-bluff you systematically eliminated all of your own posts and evidence in an attempt to C.Y.A. so that others wouldnt realize that you probably have no idea what youre talking about.

now im not here to namecall or what have you.. but when you make yourself out to be a 10,000-plane-owning-know-it-all-master-of-everything, and you cant back it up, people tend to think youre a fake.

people dont like fakes.. they are unsettling.

remember if you look like a duck, walk like a duck, and quack like a duck you cant get mad when people dont realize youre just pretending.

but to show that i am not an unfair person, i will offer this:

Heavy and Turb,

its pointless to argue with someone that is incapable of realizing that they are wrong... doing so just makes it worse. my opinion is let people post whatever the heck they want.. and word of mouth will eventually weed out the people that have no idea what they are saying. if you continue to argue with people like that, you end up looking as immature as they are.

this case is dismissed on parties own recognisance.
court is adjourned. :D

-Joe-

****------DISCLAIMER: no part of this post is meant as a personal attack of any kind. it is merely opinion based on observation.------****

Taildrager-inactive 06-21-2002 12:29 PM

OK guys, you have all had your say on this matter, and I would suggest you all think a little before posting. We all get a little worked up at times, and sometimes think our view is the only one correct. I would hope this is the end of this matter, as this is a great place to share ideas and information, and if you feel the need to take someone to task please PM or email the person, and keep it off the forums. Thanks to all involved for your cooperation.

lov2flyrc 06-21-2002 01:23 PM

ET,

In my own defense as one of the moderators you have "Complained" to, I researched the alleged posts to which you claimed you were being pestered, insulted, flamed and otherwise harassed. None of which I found were deliberately name called without provocation from what I could tell. To turbinators and Heavybirds defense, you had deleted all of your postings in the threads in question which made it impossible for any of the moderators to decipher personal attacks. In agreement with GellCell, a good percentage of your postings came off as a know-it-all bully that stuck his foot in his mouth, back-stepping when someone has proven you wrong.
We work very hard to make sure RCU is moderated in a fair, just and acceptable manner, no one gets singled out unless they give us reason too. I suggest that you think before you post. the fact that you find it necessary to delete your own postings makes me think Heavybird and Turbinator are not the ones who really need to be moderated! This is a forum to learn, share trade and enjoy, lets keep it that way!

Todd Witkoff
Jets Moderator

Heavybird 06-21-2002 03:02 PM

Once Again

Moderators,

If you want to see what I, Turbinator and others are talking about with this gut (Easytiger), please go see page 4 of the thread "F111 does anyone make a kit".

He just did a true personal attack! He brings up the subject of my work and suggests that I am not capable of making enough money!

That is about as far off subject as someone can go to make a personal flame!

Yet here again he demonstrates that he cannot restrain himself,
I love it.

Heavybird 06-21-2002 03:14 PM

Twice, three times, well you get the picture

Moderators,

I just found out that Easytiger has systematically gone through all of my posts and made one real personal attack after the other. Please look at what he is saying.

This dude is on some kinda trip.

SloFlight-RCU 06-21-2002 03:40 PM

Hey Yo.....EasyTiger....

OK...I've been here, looking at all of your posts/complaints and see nothing, yes, nothing at all that you should be WHINING about.

First of all, WHO CARES if some IS a "security guard who drives a KIA"...does it really matter? There is one reason that we are all here AIRPLANES. Heck, I dont give a rats ***** if someone is a hillbilly who wears no shoes, jeans that are frayed at the ends and a straw hat....if he has passion for airplanes He's alright by me UNTILL he has given me reason to feel otherwise.

Now, I'm not going to make any assumptions about you, your life, your job or anything else for that matter...no, that would just lower me to a level that I just dont want to acheive.

You, my friend, are bitter at something or somebody.

If you don't want to be around these people on this forum, there are several SIMPLE solutions.

1.) Go away.

2.) Start your own site where you can do whatever you want...albeit you would not have any members...but thats OK...at least no one would interfier with your OPINIONS.

3.) Move to Afganistan. I believe it is a illegal to have an opinion and plus, I heard its reall nice over there this time of year.

Ya know, I'm sure you're an alright guy...but it seems your one of those people that can be real jerks when they are invisble (i.e. the internet)

Calm down would ya?

JohnVH 06-21-2002 04:27 PM

Alright now guys, calm down,
So, basically, everybody has picked on everybody. Call it even and move on!

In the future, lets try to be a tad nicer from the start and this wont happen, OK?

:D

EASYTIGER 06-22-2002 12:24 AM

Show me where I was WRONG?
The RCauction site is going to go bust, just like all the others.
YES, an F111 CAN be built, thousands of people saw the article a few years back in RCJI, it's been DONE.
No, lowering the flaps does not add washout.
Yes, if you build a model twice the size, it will fly better...
So, where do you get off telling me:

"a good percentage of your postings came off as a know-it-all bully that stuck his foot in his mouth, back-stepping when someone has proven you wrong."

What are you talking about, Todd? Defend your statement, or retract it. Cite specific examples, where do you get off making a statement like that?

GelCell 06-22-2002 12:38 AM

Originally posted by EASYTIGER
So, where do you get off telling me:

"a good percentage of your postings came off as a know-it-all bully that stuck his foot in his mouth, back-stepping when someone has proven you wrong."

What are you talking about, Todd? Defend your statement, or retract it. Cite specific examples, where do you get off making a statement like that?

see that link up there that says "search?"

click that.

then do a search for "easytiger" and you will find all the specific examples, evidence, facts, premises, data, praecognita, grounds, indication, criterion, testimony, testification, attestation, deposition, examination, admission, authority, warrant, credential, diploma, voucher, certificate, doquet, docket, testamur, record, document, justificative, deed, warranty, signature, seal, exhibit, witness, indicator, eyewitness, earwitness, deponent, sponsor, cojuror, oral evidence, documentary evidence, hearsay evidence, external evidence, extrinsic evidence, internal evidence, intrinsic evidence, circumstantial evidence, cumulative evidence, ex parte evidence, presumptive evidence, collateral evidence, constructive evidence, proof, evidence in chief, secondary evidence, confirmation, corroboration, support, ratification, authentication, compurgation, wager of law, comprobation, citation, and reference you need to realize that you are attempting to defend a point that has been made by your own actions and admissions, indefensible.

now please give it up, or go elsewhere.
this whole thing is getting old.

-Joe-

Chad Veich 06-22-2002 12:43 AM

Easytiger, a person can be right 100% of the time and still be disliked simply because of their approach. My best advice, and this is for myself and everybody else, is to ask what your motives are for doing a thing. If you're running around answering everybodies questions because you enjoy helping people then keep on keepin' on. If you're doing it because you like the attention and the accolades then sooner or later that will come to the surface and, like it or not, it turns people off. Best regards, Chad Veich.

EASYTIGER 06-22-2002 12:48 AM

Originally posted by GelCell

see that link up there that says "search?"

click that.

then do a search for "easytiger" and you will find all the specific examples, evidence, facts, premises, data, praecognita, grounds, indication, criterion, testimony, testification, attestation, deposition, examination, admission, authority, warrant, credential, diploma, voucher, certificate, doquet, docket, testamur, record, document, justificative, deed, warranty, signature, seal, exhibit, witness, indicator, eyewitness, earwitness, deponent, sponsor, cojuror, oral evidence, documentary evidence, hearsay evidence, external evidence, extrinsic evidence, internal evidence, intrinsic evidence, circumstantial evidence, cumulative evidence, ex parte evidence, presumptive evidence, collateral evidence, constructive evidence, proof, evidence in chief, secondary evidence, confirmation, corroboration, support, ratification, authentication, compurgation, wager of law, comprobation, citation, and reference you need to realize that you are attempting to defend a point that has been made by your own actions and admissions, indefensible.

now please give it up, or go elsewhere.
this whole thing is getting old.

-Joe-

Glad to see that you found your old college thesaurus out in the garage.
You still have said NOTHING, though.
Go ahead and actually defend your statement, rather than trying to backpedal with some obfuscatory drivel. I'm not impressed.

EASYTIGER 06-22-2002 12:53 AM

Originally posted by Chad Veich
Easytiger, a person can be right 100% of the time and still be disliked simply because of their approach. My best advice, and this is for myself and everybody else, is to ask what your motives are for doing a thing. If you're running around answering everybodies questions because you enjoy helping people then keep on keepin' on. If you're doing it because you like the attention and the accolades then sooner or later that will come to the surface and, like it or not, it turns people off. Best regards, Chad Veich.

I'm not right 100% of the time, but I generally SHUP UP and say nothing if I know nothing about the subject. If I post in a thread, it's because I have some modest experience within the subject that might help somebody out. I hate watching somebody re-invent the wheel for no good reason.
As far as the OTHER part of your post, "wanting attention", you have GOT to be KIDDING. If I wanted to be a big swingin' whatever on RCU, I'd become a MODERATOR or something like that...

JohnVH 06-22-2002 12:55 AM

Originally posted by EASYTIGER

If I wanted to be a big swingin' whatever on RCU, I'd become a MODERATOR or something like that...

Good luck......... :rolleyes:

OK ET, the next time someone bashes you for no reason, let us know! Until then, go fly.:D please

mvigod 06-22-2002 01:09 AM

All right...I've never got so many notices in my inbox about problems until the last week here...

Here is the deal...there are users in this thread who I have deleted some inflammatory non constructive posts today...you all know who you are as you were notified. I am now going to have what I will call a "hairy trigger finger"...in other words to those who have caused problems or stirred the pot which required me to take action personally will now get a fair shot to cool off and keep all their posts constructive, non attacking and non personal. Even if you are attacked you report the post and let a mod handle it and don't attack back. Why? Because anybody who is now on my watchlist and does an attack or counter attack I will ban because I just don't have time for it. Is it fair of me to do this? You bet. Why? Because this paragraph serves as the warning to comply with the rules or access to the site will be removed for an indeterminate period of time.

EASYTIGER 06-22-2002 01:36 AM

Maybe it would be better to just DELETE posts like this:

"Hey Easytiger, Please don't call anyone around here your "fellow Hobbiest" From the shear amount of postings you have made here on RCU and by your own admission as being an E-bay Powerseller, when do you find time to fly model airplanes? And I am sure this is just the tip of the iceberg so to speak. From the looks of it you spend every waking moment behind the keyboard. Am I wrong? Do you not really like sitting there and attacking people.?

All anyone has to do is click on the Members tab, go in and do a search of your posts to find out what your hobby Really is. You like to wander through various threads and despense your expert knowledge and advise while never (really) doing anything in this hobby (or have you?). Your hobby seems to be sitting behind a keyboard and telling everyone else how great you are and how everyone should listen to you. What are you, YODA?

If you want to claim expert staus (yea, I know you said "I'm no expert" but your posts show that you really think you are) then please do so by example, not by being an internet Bully.

These guys are simply trying to find an outlet that suits their needs without all the BS - come on, let it be. Quit being a bully!"

That's where all the BS begins. You tell me WHY an insulting post like that should just be left there.

JohnVH 06-22-2002 01:41 AM

Give us a link to the rest of the story please.

EASYTIGER 06-22-2002 02:06 AM

Originally posted by JohnVH
Give us a link to the rest of the story please.
What do you mean?