Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Batteries & Chargers > MaxAmps Support
Reload this Page >

Need concils for charger and balancer for Maxamps Packs

Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

Need concils for charger and balancer for Maxamps Packs

Old 01-23-2007, 05:32 AM
Spouny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need concils for charger and balancer for Maxamps Packs

Hi,
I would like to by 2 or 4 Maxamps 8000mAh 7.2V packs. It is for a Tamiya TB Evo3 with a Mamba Max 7700 and for a Traxxas E-Maxx with stock titans motors, but i will replace them as soon as the Mamba Monster Max will be available.

As 2 or 4 packs like that costs a lot of money, i'm a little affraid to get bad packs because i had bad experiences with some lipos, and because Maxamps is not known very well in Europe and i have never tested your batteries.
I'm using lipos for about 2 years with many Align T-Rex, and for these helicopters i bought lipos that were very bad (25/30cycles life span : PQ1800XP 3S 20/30C) and some that were very good (still as powerfull as a new one after more than 70 cycles : TP2100Prolite 3S 16/24C)...
My charger is a [link=http://www1.produktinfo.conrad.com/cgi-bin/dlc/dlc.cgi?art=229955&ins=62&lang=FR]ROBBE Power Peak Ultimate 2[/link] and my balancer is a [link=http://www.mgm-compro.com/index.php?tid=li-pol-balancers-blcr-4f]MGM Compro BLCR 4F[/link].
I never discharge my batteries for more than 80% of there capacity, cut off setted to 3.4V/cell, charging current is 0.5C, and i'm using the balancer for every charge. After the charge i'm waiting a minimum of 1 hour before discharging, and after the discharge i'm waiting a minimum of 5 hours before charging.
I hope this is a good way to proceed and to save my lipos ?

If i buy 8000 mAh 2S2P 7.2V packs, is it possible (and recommanded ?) to balance each cell, or 2S cells will not be balanced ?

Thanks.

Old 01-23-2007, 09:34 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Need concils for charger and balancer for Maxamps Packs

Don't worry the packs come with the balance taps on them just charge and balance like normal and ckeck out our 3 yr. 300 cycle warranty package.........it's also a great add-on .