Community
Search
Notices
MaxAmps Support Receive support for your MaxAmps products here!

hpi e firestorm flux

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 01:57 PM
steve0504

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpi e firestorm flux

i had a couple of questions for you maxamps. i am going to get a hpi e firestorm flux and had some questions on batteries. I don't think i wanna go lipo just a few nimh packs. I don't need it to go 80 mph lol. maybe 40-50mph would be sufficient and some good run times. what would you recommend for that application. also i have this charger, it will work right? [link=http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=DYN4036]horizon hobby[/link]
Old 06-18-2008, 02:06 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Default RE: hpi e firestorm flux

Well seeing that the Charger will only do 6 to 7 NimH cells looka at either of those on our site here in the HPI Firestorm listing under the 1/10th scale section of the website. http://www.maxamps.com/products.php?cat=101

Jason
Old 06-18-2008, 04:38 PM
steve0504

I found a few battery packs at batterpacksonly.com and cheapbatterypacks.com for about 55 dollars shipped that are 7 cell Nimh 8.4v 4000mah with traxxas connectors. Yours are $90 shipped i'm just wondering where that extra money is going. Each of these sites makes their packs to order so they are hand soldered just like yours. Why are yours more money? I have heard great things about your batteries so i'm guess im just looking for a reason to pay more
Old 06-19-2008, 07:30 AM
JAM MaxAmps

Well for one thing your getting cells that will out perform EP4600's. You also get our top notch customer support. And remember you get what you pay for.

Jason
Old 06-19-2008, 01:22 PM
steve0504

how will they "outperform them" is 700 mah worth another $35? and why would you say they're cheap junk? not very professional
Old 06-19-2008, 01:28 PM
JAM MaxAmps

Maybe your not ready for high quality NimH cells.

Best regards,

Jason
Old 06-19-2008, 05:34 PM
steve0504

Wow!! Jason I have to tell you as a business owner myself, i really have respect someone that talks to their prospecting customer's the way you do! And then to insult me by saying I don't have the money to purchase them!! You just lost me and hopefully anyone who reads this. Kind of makes me question the money I would have payed for and I quote, "top notch customer support". Alot of people recommended your batteries and I was just wondering why they were more and your response was to slam the other companies. Good job bud keep up the good work lol.
Old 06-19-2008, 06:36 PM
JAM MaxAmps

You can make it into what you want. Your the one that was complaing about the price. I gave you an honest answer and I did not in any way slam on another company. I'll say it again, "you get what you pay for". When you buy cells from us your getting high quality cells. And as with anything these days you get what you pay for. You asked a question and I gave you a straight up answer. No BS. And wow I didn't even mention another company yet again.
Flip it all you want. It quite obvious you have other intensions here.

Take care and the best of luck to you.

Jason
Old 06-22-2008, 10:19 PM
g-townmach

I feel real sorry for the business that dude owns. If anyone is unprofessional, its him. Maxamps guy is just telling you why he believes his company's product is worth more coin. Its called being competitive.. so go have a period.
Old 06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
steve0504

he edited his post of what he said so don't pass judgement on what you don't know. i was contacted personally by maxamps and they apologized to me. i have a successful business because i treat my customers with respect.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:42 AM
JAM MaxAmps

We were contacted by you. And my boss asked me to edit what I had posted. It was done and so is this thread.

Best regards,

Jason
Old 06-24-2008, 08:45 AM
steve0504

I totally agree jason