RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   MaxAmps Support (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/)
-   -   LBA 10 Balancer Major issues (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/maxamps-support-449/7144131-lba-10-balancer-major-issues.html)

freestylingford 02-27-2008 05:30 AM

LBA 10 Balancer Major issues

I bought a brand new balancer and 3s Lipo 5000mah when I plug just the balancer plug into it I get both lights flashing together slowly then red led goes out and the green led blinks 4 times giving connection error. So then i fiddle with it a little check continuity through the harness all good network switched on master then I know its not going to help I just held in the mode button then everything goes down hill from there Both lights start blinking again but this time very rapidly I unplugged it thinking it would reset back to Lipo mode but no... Same thing both LEDs wide open so then I am like go***** it. So I grab the battery and firmly but not to hard squeeze the pack and the light s slow way down but as soon as i let go of it they speed up again. So I am to the point now that all it does Blink both status LEDs wide open and nothing else. Battery has never been loaded or charged.

JAM MaxAmps 02-27-2008 08:05 AM

RE: LBA 10 Balancer Major issues

To balance a pack with out using the charger all you do is plug in the balance tap and then hook up the main battery lead to the balancer with in 12 seconds the balancer will start in standalone mode. The 1,2,and 3 led lights will flash at different rates as the cells level off. When it finishes they will shut off. To use the balancer while charging remove the rubber caps from the banana plug and plug the leads into your chargers output jacks. Turn on the charger and set it to 3S 5000 11.1v. Hook the balance tap from the battery to the balancer and with in 12 seconds hook the main battery leads up to the balancer. The lights should come on, then press the mode button once and the Li-Po light should start to flash at a steady rate. Then start the charge procedure. Make sure the slide switch is set to master.

Jason

freestylingford 02-27-2008 12:15 PM

Yea I got that much thanks for trying to help though. Like I said before no matter what I do I get just the 2 leds flashing wide open non stop from the beginning of plugging in the harness if I plug the main battery connection.. ie deans... There is still not any change in the 2 leds flashing wide open. Yes I am doing it within 12 seconds. Like I said yes the slide switch is set to master. I am using this as a stand alone balancer not with a charger. All you have done was reiterate the instructions I know how to read. I will be sending this garbage back.

freestylingford 02-27-2008 12:44 PM

Yea I got that much thanks for trying to help though. Like I said before no matter what I do I get just the 2 leds flashing wide open non stop from the beginning of plugging in the harness if I plug the main battery connection.. ie deans... There is still not any change in the 2 leds flashing wide open. Yes I am doing it within 12 seconds. Like I said yes the slide switch is set to master. I am using this as a stand alone balancer not with a charger. All you have done was reiterate the instructions I know how to read.

JAM MaxAmps 02-27-2008 01:18 PM

ORIGINAL: freestylingford

Yea I got that much thanks for trying to help though. Like I said before no matter what I do I get just the 2 leds flashing wide open non stop from the beginning of plugging in the harness if I plug the main battery connection.. ie deans... There is still not any change in the 2 leds flashing wide open. Yes I am doing it within 12 seconds. Like I said yes the slide switch is set to master. I am using this as a stand alone balancer not with a charger. All you have done was reiterate the instructions I know how to read.

No need to be rude about it but the easiest way to find and issue is to wlak you thru the steps. And I'm kinda upset now that I helped you out on our online support chat with a problemed LBA-10 that you bought from someone else only to come her and see that you posted these replies. I never implied that you couldn't read. It just that some times people misunderstand what they read and don't always get it right. Gues that's the thanks I get for helping you figure out that the balancer was the issue. Next time you have a problem with someone elses product bought from another dealer ask them for help.

Oh and If you'd like I can post the whole support chat. Our system saves a copy of each one.

Have A Nice Weekend.

Jason

freestylingford 02-27-2008 05:18 PM

Well to be honest with you I wrote that before I contacted you online Then I came back and tried to edit the post. But you can think whatever you want about helping me Like I said all you did was go back through the directions so you were basically not any major help thats why i laughed out loud when you said that you thougth Hyperion should be paying you for the help you give on decifering the instructions. Anybody could do that.

Yea go ahead and post the freaking log what do you intend to prove by doing that I have nothing to hide.

JAM MaxAmps 02-27-2008 05:23 PM

Nice attitude. Have a nice life.

Jason

freestylingford 02-27-2008 05:29 PM

Look man seriously I apologize for the attitude I just got frustrated at this whole situation I bought this from a person that bought it directly off your website and never used it one time. I sent it back to them today and i am sure you will be hearing this same story soon.

Look you did try to help and really I do appreciate it. Honestly I still plan on buying this same stuff directly off your website this weekend so I really hate it if i have burned a bridge.

Please let me know if i have.

HandyRacing 02-28-2008 01:11 AM

Wow.

freestylingford 02-28-2008 02:02 AM

Wow? Hey I tried to make amends for the mistake I made its really hard to come across a certain way such as frustrated and nice at the same time and I tried to apologize thats all i can do at this point. Again I apologize for coming across in the way I did. Definitely not the best choice of words.

Another thing I feel that I have shown by making it clear that I would still buy from their store is that I really don't blame this guy for my troubles I was just not initially thankful for receiving information that wasn't really all that beneficial. But after I calmed down and reviewed the way i come across I see that I was very wrong and all i can say is I apologize.

JAM MaxAmps 02-28-2008 08:05 AM

Look as I said the first step is to always go thru the directions. More often than enough with the hyperion products people miss one tiny thing and that usually solves things. If that doesn't then we go thru all the steps that we went thru to determine that you had a bad LBA-10. To come back here after all the help I gave you for a product you bought from someone else, only to see a reply like that was upsetting. I do understand your frustration with the LBA-10 but please don't take it out on the ones that are here to help. I accept your appology. No hard feelings. I hope you are able to reslove the issue with the LBA-10.

Jason