Merlin Turbine Clinic Support for Merlin Turbines is provided in this forum

Pipe Specs for 100XBL

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2016, 09:11 PM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pipe Specs for 100XBL

I would like information on ideal Iinside diameter for the pipe, the minimum dia. acceptable and the distance from the engine to pipe for the 22lb Merlin 100XBL.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:28 AM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by sidgates
I would like information on ideal Iinside diameter for the pipe, the minimum dia. acceptable and the distance from the engine to pipe for the 22lb Merlin 100XBL.
Sid,
Did you ever receive this information? I have the same engine and am looking for the distance between the end of the exhaust cone and start of the pipe (not the bellmouth).

Thanks,
David
Old 10-06-2017, 09:14 AM
dccatl
My Feedback: (1)

Received 23 Likes on 14 Posts

I contacted Gaspar directly and this was his answer in case anyone else needs this info:

Usually 25mm is a good starting point (end of exhaust cone to start of tail pipe). Check that the pipe is at least 72mm diameter.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:00 AM
sidgates
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tail Pipe

Originally Posted by dccatl
I contacted Gaspar directly and this was his answer in case anyone else needs this info:

Usually 25mm is a good starting point (end of exhaust cone to start of tail pipe). Check that the pipe is at least 72mm diameter.
================================================== ==========
I think Gaspar answered me too but can't find my notes yet. I have only test run my engine on a test stand. I used the WREN Super Sport pipe and added an outer pipe myself. I am attaching the WREN Spec sheet and a picture if my install.
Can't upload attachments. email me direct at [email protected] and will send then.