Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Merlin Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

Propaine start turbine will not start with electric gas valve

Notices
Merlin Turbine Clinic Support for Merlin Turbines is provided in this forum

Propaine start turbine will not start with electric gas valve

Old 12-17-2018, 10:44 AM
mikes68charger
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Propaine start turbine will not start with electric gas valve

Ok, so I got a good orginal Merlin 160 ECU and got my Merlin 160 MK2 up and running again. Very happy, but like before it would not start with the electric gas valve inline like its supposed to, it pulse, it works when I go into the manual setting and make sure there is no obstructions. I even got a new Electric gas valve from one of my Jetcat P120 with no luck, it will start the fire but as the starter motor kicks on, it blows it out.

I can get it to start every time by hand with no electric valve, (I do have a festo one way 4-3 fitting) as this is what my old school AMT motors had. My only concern is like when I used to air start my AMT motors the ECU/Data box would tell me to turn off gas and (turn off air), The Data hand held dose not tell me when to turn off the propane,

What do you guys think?
Old 12-17-2018, 12:28 PM
Canadian Man
My Feedback: (1)

Received 116 Likes on 89 Posts

Can you take a video and post it or send it to me?

587-583-9797