Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets > Turbine Clinic > Merlin Turbine Clinic
Reload this Page >

FADAC speed low indication

Notices
Merlin Turbine Clinic Support for Merlin Turbines is provided in this forum

FADAC speed low indication

Old 07-17-2010, 11:39 AM
BaldEagel

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default FADAC speed low indication

I keep getting a Speed Low indication on the GSU, is this normal?

Also what settings have you chaps got on your FADAC, i.e. Pump settings, Expo or no Expo? just wish to check that I have this all set up correctly.

Mike

EDIT: forgott to add its a Merlin 90 Kero start.

EDIT, EDIT: Just another quicky, will a JetCat Pitot work with the FADAC?
Old 07-20-2010, 01:33 AM
BaldEagel

Default RE: FADAC speed low indication

Spoken with Gaspar and have sent the 90 to him for a look at, will report back what he finds, I must say that an e-mail direct to him gets an instant responce even on a Sunday, he obviously takes customer satisfaction very seriously.

Mike
Old 08-04-2010, 12:04 PM
BaldEagel

Gaspar has reported that the pump was not operating correctly causing all sorts of silly problems, including a very erratic and slow spool up, (over 7 seconds from idle to full power) he has updated my ECU with the latest software and replaced the pump all under guarantee, which supprised me somewhat as I am not the original purchaser, nice to know it follows the turbine, I have now received the turbine back in blighty and hope to get it running tomorrow, will report my findings.

Must say that Gaspar was good to deal with and quick to respond to my e-mails direct to him, most impressed with his service, seem like one of life's gentlemen.

Mike
Old 08-05-2010, 12:15 PM
BaldEagel

Got the Merlin 90 up and running today, it is transformed, immediate start and straight to a very stable idle, from idle to full reves takes just over 4.5 seconds, but from the high idle I have set on my UC retract switch of 58,000 approx it takes under four seconds to reach full power that is 151,000rpm although the thrust is there in spades from about 130,000 which only takes about two seconds from high idle, this is all from a stable tick over position and not pushing the Tx stick up and down before the turbine spools down like the recent vidio of the Mamba, no popping or burping during acceleration and stopping anywhere in the rev range gives a very nice stable output.

Very impressed and can't wait to fly it.

Mike
Old 08-06-2010, 12:56 PM
BaldEagel

Refined the installation a bit more today and still got the same results, hopping to fly it tomorrow will report how it goes.

Mike
Old 02-16-2012, 04:33 AM
BaldEagel

I know this is an old thread and out of date, but just wished to report that the Merlin 90 is still operating faultlessly and driving my Sprint around with great authority, if the new ones are better it looks like I may have to invest in another.

The old covering started to look a bit dated and it was that horrible to see against UK sky's Navy scheme, so it got a make over.

Mike
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Rp44956.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	1727661  
Old 02-16-2012, 04:42 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. Even though it's an old thread... it's good to see what the outcome was. AND... Gasper is a great guy.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:45 AM
BaldEagel

That's what Forum's are all about IMO, have to agree Gasper was a pleasure to deal with.

Mike
Old 05-08-2012, 10:53 AM
mjunior

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bald Eagle,

Just to share my experience with another brand of turbine. During 2011 I had several low speed indication and sometimes some engine shut down (by the ECU). After some discussion with the manufacturer, the diagnostics was fuel pump problem.
Replace the pump and everything became ok.

Cheers.