RCU Forums

RCU Forums (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/)
-   Merlin Turbine Clinic (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/merlin-turbine-clinic-376/)
-   -   More VT turbines? (https://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/merlin-turbine-clinic-376/11046858-more-vt-turbines.html)

mjunior 04-18-2012 04:00 AM

More VT turbines?

I've heard that Jets-munt would be preparing to upgrade the Merlin series turbine (like 100, 140 and160) to the VT concept. Is this true or purely speculation?

smchale 04-22-2012 06:02 AM

RE: More VT turbines?

I read that the VT100 was due out inJune, but haven't seen anything official yet. Will be interested to see what response you get here.

Gaspar 04-22-2012 10:11 AM

Depends of what you understand by the VT concept.

The VT concept come from "VolksTurbinen", the goal was to design a modern, easy to operate and affordable engine focused to newcomers and everyday fliers, without gadgets or complications, and, seen the results, it looks like that JetsMunt have achieved the goal. But at this moment there is not other mode planned with this concept.

What is going to be released soon is a upgrade of the other engines to a new ecu system, where the ecu and the engine communicate trough a 3 wire digital bus, the valves are integrated under the engine cover, integrated sensors, etc... engine appearance is similar to the VT, the engine receive only one tube from the pump and one MPX connector with a 3 wire lead for all the electrics, easing the installation and giving a clean, less "agricultural" installation. Ecu still exists outside the engine as now, but wiring is reduced to 3 leads (pump, engine and throttle). The reason of the external ecu is that this setup can support extra gadgets like pitot tube that the VT80 can't. There are different models of external ecu so that user can choose if he want a simple unit or one with all gadgets, or special for turboprop or multiengine... or... but always the engine will be the same, so the upgrade is easy, just plug&play.

Our schedule is to begin the deliveries of the M100X (X for Xicoy Bus) in June, followed by the other models as soon as possible.

Gaspar

smchale 04-22-2012 11:39 AM

Sounds really promising Gasper. Thanks for the clarification and quick response! Looking fwd to seeing more about M100X.

mjunior 04-23-2012 10:46 AM

Thanks for the clarification Gaspar.

scoeroo 05-01-2012 09:30 AM

Is there a merlin turbo-prop in the making ?

scoeroo 05-30-2012 12:22 PM

No answer to my question......?

Gaspar 05-30-2012 10:16 PM

Sorry, same day you posted the question I received a email with same question, and thought it was from you. No, no TP plans here.

Gaspar