Go Back  RCU Forums > Radios, Batteries, Clubhouse and more > Model Rockets & Rocketry
Reload this Page >

Quest multi-sectoin Tumbler recovery rocket

Notices
Model Rockets & Rocketry Discuss all aspects of model rocketry here, including r/c rocketry.

Quest multi-sectoin Tumbler recovery rocket

Old 02-23-2010, 11:14 PM
KitBuilder

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Quest multi-sectoin Tumbler recovery rocket

Does anyone recall the rocket from Quest (I believe) which was approximately 8 or so short tubes connected via couplers and all held togehter via snug type fit with a shock cord running inside top to bottom. So when the ejection charge occured the entire rocket would seperate into 9 or so pieces, nosecone, individual body tubes and the fin/engine mount section and tumble down connected via the shock cord. It was approximately 14" when assembled. I have not seen this for sale anywhere and am wondering if it's still available.

Old 05-14-2010, 12:07 AM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Quest multi-sectoin Tumbler recovery rocket

I do have on that hasn't been flown yet. Im going to have to do somehing with the couplers to tighten them up a bit. They're so loose, the body will probably separate during powered flight.
Old 08-11-2010, 05:43 PM
KitBuilder

ORIGINAL: 50+AirYears

I do have on that hasn't been flown yet. Im going to have to do somehing with the couplers to tighten them up a bit. They're so loose, the body will probably separate during powered flight.

It's fine the way it is.. if you haven't flown it yet.. don't mess with it.. just put together per instructions... the compression of liftoff will keep it all together wi/out issue.... if you tighten it up it willhave issues seperating at apogee. Where did you get it or who is the manufacturer? Ineed to pick up a coupole for a some demo shows i do at a middle school.

Mike
Old 08-11-2010, 05:59 PM
50+AirYears

Thnks for the hint. I think the rocket was by Quest. I believe I bought it at a Michael's Craft shop.
Old 08-12-2010, 11:08 AM
chrisudy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could it be the Estes Wacky Wiggler? It was in production from 2003-2008, but can occasionally be found for sale... 
Old 08-12-2010, 01:27 PM
50+AirYears

I was just looking around in the basement, but couldn't find it for some picture taking. My inventory list carries it as the Estes Necklace. When I get out from a few hunny-do's, I'll try to take a more thorough search.

I have an EXCEL inventory list for all the hard copy plans, kits, engines, RC Gear, flyables,and such. ALMOST helps me keep track.
Old 09-14-2010, 09:55 PM
KitBuilder

The wacky wiggler.... that's it !!
Old 09-26-2010, 01:00 AM
50+AirYears

Finally found it, after having my son and his family spend a couple weeks up here, then visiting him out of state for the Granddaughter's birthday. Like I said, my inventory list has it as the Estes Necklace. I had wanted to fly it at my club's annual public show, but maybe next year. Here's a couple photos of it.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt58090.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	1506758   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt61506.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	1506759  
Old 11-19-2012, 11:07 AM
KitBuilder

Discontinued now and found it online for 17 .. only 1... originally sold for 9 beans
Old 08-31-2013, 12:59 PM
Bob Jablonski

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Odl Rockets has a break apart rocket similar called the Brake away. (I have one on my shops rocket pegboard) .
Mr. Bob
Starlight Dude