Community
Search
Notices
Model Rockets & Rocketry Discuss all aspects of model rocketry here, including r/c rocketry.

New Aerotech Phoenix

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 08:14 AM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default New Aerotech Phoenix

I have flown my Aerotech Phoenix a half dozen times, it is super fun. I have flown all of the reloads and I enjoy manuevering under boost with the G12. My son enjoys rockets and it lets me get some RC time in while flying rockets with him.

I was proud of myself, I only changed the location of the battery and the servos to move more weight forward, modern radio technology is much lighter than the state of the art when the plane was designed. Normally I hack everything I build but I followed the beautiful instructions on this plane. Fun to cut and sand wood again. Even got to pull out my vacuum pump to sheet the wings.

No launch shots as my hands are full at that time, maybe next week.

EDIT: for those that don't know, Bob Parks designed this kit and it is really fantastic, I would love to get my hands on another one.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk25584.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	1467291  
Old 07-13-2010, 04:42 PM
ehroof

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: New Aerotech Phoenix

thats nice, would like to see some video of that in action.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:44 PM
mr_matt
My Feedback: (10)

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Launch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Us53700.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	1485751  
Old 08-18-2010, 12:38 AM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Love that take-off shot. My son once tried to get mine on film. Set his EOS to auto sequence. Got 10 lovely shots from the initial push of the launch button, then 3 of the tail dissapearing. He was standing too close, and couldn't folllow it off the Mantiss. I'd love to get another. I had two.

BTW, I wasn't able to catch sight of it either, till it reached burn-out. That got me to add a 35' cable to my laucnh box.