Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

power wheel charging

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 11:29 PM
quinnell51

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power wheel charging

Can I really NOT charge my kids power wheel battery with my 960? It says do not charge lead batteries. Why Not?

Thanks
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 AM
Tim@MRC

Default RE: power wheel charging

What's a "Power Wheel"? Is this one of those ride on cars witha 12 volt battery?

Tim Sandor
Old 01-22-2008, 11:29 PM
quinnell51

Yeah!! My kids have 2 jeeps that they ride all the time. It has a lead battery in it and I was hoping that maybe I could use this charger with some mods on the connections to charge it. It's a dumb question but still a "?".
Old 01-23-2008, 10:34 AM
Tim@MRC

Sorry, the 960 doesn't have the output to charge a 12 volt battery. What's the rating on the batteries? Did they include a charger with them? My feeling is, that there are no "dumb questions", so don't worry about asking anything.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:06 PM
quinnell51

The battery says that it has 9.5 amp hour? I don't know what that means. The charger takes all night and then some to charge at 1.5 amps. Im was hoping that the 960 would charge it faster. I was also hoping that because of the smartness that it would turn off when it's charged instead of just guessing.
Thanks