Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

Superbrain 960 not charging / false peak?

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2008, 08:35 AM
G226

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbrain 960 not charging / false peak?

Hello,

Just recently purchased a Superbrain 960 and a 1200MAH 9.6v 8cell NiMH battery. Tried charing the battery on auto detect (Default just pressing the red start button)
It will test the battery, charge for about 10 seconds then beep three times as if it's done charging and the battery is full then go to a 0.1amp trickle charge.

I've read around and learned it can false peak so I read up on how to set it manually. I set the charger to 1.5amps and 40mv then pressed start. But no luck, it does the same thing and tests the battery, charges for 10 seconds then beeps three times.
The battery is new and doesn't even get hot (It's definatly not charged, it lasts only a couple seconds and makes the motor sound like its slowly dying or has almost no juice left when connected)

I tried a normal 800mah 8.4v NiMH battery that was discharged that I've been using for awhile just fine with a simple wall trickle charger but to no avail, it does the same as above.

Is something wrong with my charger? Or am I missing something.
Thanks.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:38 PM
Tim@MRC

Default RE: Superbrain 960 not charging / false peak?

What's the voltage in the battery when you first plug it in?
Old 04-01-2008, 08:06 AM
G226

10.24v
Old 04-09-2008, 08:44 AM
Tim@MRC

Sorry for the delay, I just got back from a business trip.
Have you tried cycling the battery a few times to build the capacity? Also, does the voltage in the battery spike up after you hit the start button?

Tim
Old 06-04-2008, 07:34 AM
deeznutz529

I just went through the same drama with 6 (2x9.6v 3800mah and 4x7.2v 2000mah) batteries and this charger. I spoke to John and returned the charger and he exchanged it. Kudos to him.