Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

SuperBrain 989 - 2 questions!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 08:28 AM
afletch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperBrain 989 - 2 questions!

First off, great charger. I've been really happy with it. How could you not love a charge called the SuperBrain?

1. Is there anything I should do to a new battery pack (nimh) when brand new, or just charge and go?
2. What about packs that been depleted? Should I charge them right away, even if I'm not going to fly for a week? (I typically only get out to fly on Saturday mornings.) Or wait and charge them right before flying?

I guess I'm wondering what's the best battery care scenario?

Thanks in advance.

Old 04-24-2008, 08:55 AM
sos95714

Default RE: SuperBrain 989 - 2 questions!

I like to run a new battery through one cycle at 1/10 C. No one knows how long a “new” battery may have been sitting on the shelf and the slow cycle will help insure the cells are balanced. I do this “maintenance” cycle after each 10-15 charges also, for the same reason. I’ll defer the “When to charge” question to someone else but I usually charge my batteries after using them and let them sit around on a full charge until they are placed into service. SOS
Old 04-30-2008, 10:22 PM
bigedmustafa
My Feedback: (2)

Default RE: SuperBrain 989 - 2 questions!

ORIGINAL: sos95714

I like to run a new battery through one cycle at 1/10 C. No one knows how long a “new” battery may have been sitting on the shelf and the slow cycle will help insure the cells are balanced. I do this “maintenance” cycle after each 10-15 charges also, for the same reason. I’ll defer the “When to charge” question to someone else but I usually charge my batteries after using them and let them sit around on a full charge until they are placed into service. SOS
I agree with sos95714 on both counts. Brand new batteries should be trickle charged with minimal current overnight when new. The Super Brain 989 will trickle charge at 100Mah. I also don't like to leave batteries depleted for too long. I'll recharge them and then simply top them up right before I need them.