Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

989 charging question:

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
afletch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 989 charging question:

Just charged a 8.4v 1000 mah battery and the screen says 282 mah. What does that mean? 282mah were "added" to the battery to fill, or the battery currently holds only 282 mah?
Old 05-02-2008, 02:52 PM
Tim@MRC

Default RE: 989 charging question:

It means that the charger put 282 mah into the battery. New batteries may need to be cycled a few times in order to reach their full capacity.

Tim
Old 05-02-2008, 03:09 PM
afletch

ok great. Thank you. So it's possible that the battery was not completely discharged when the charging began? In a sense the 989 "topped off" the battery?

Is it possible to see the battery's full mAh? I mean, how do you know if a battery is going bad-not charging all the cells? Is it best to cycle a battery a few times to see if it reaches the 1000 mAh? Is that the best way to determine a battery's health?
Old 05-02-2008, 04:06 PM
Tim@MRC

Yes, it's possible that the battery was partially charged when you got it. I would definitely cycle a new battery to see what the capacity is before I put it into use.