Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

SuperBrain 977 Discharge Question (Regarding Delta Peak)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2009, 03:52 PM
BM1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SuperBrain 977 Discharge Question (Regarding Delta Peak)

When using the SuperBrain 977 to discharge my NiMH battery packs, does the Delta Peak (mV) setting have any affect? I ask this because I do verify the correct cell count when I discharge my packs (7 cell), but I noticed that the charger changed the Delta Peak setting to 5mV in discharge mode with a 7 cell pack. It uses the proper 35mV Delta Peak setting when in charge mode with a 7 cell pack.

It also randomly switched the Delta Peak to 40mV while in discharge mode on a 7 cell pack the last time I used it. That's what prompted me to question whether or not the "Delta Peak" setting has any affect while in the discharge mode. I manually switched the Delta Peak to 35mV after I noticed it had gone up to 40mV in the discharge mode, and I'm discharging a battery pack right now with that setting to see how it behaves.

Can anyone fill me in on the Delta Peak setting and its affects on discharge mode?
Old 01-05-2009, 11:41 AM
guver
My Feedback: (325)

Default RE: SuperBrain 977 Discharge Question (Regarding Delta Peak)

I think it has no effect when discharging.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:04 PM
BM1

Default RE: SuperBrain 977 Discharge Question (Regarding Delta Peak)

Thanks and yes that's correct. I e-mailed MRC and they confirmed the mV Delta Peak setting has no effect on discharging.