Community
Search
Notices
MRC Charger Product Support (i.e. Super Brain, etc) Tim Sandor of MRC/Hirobo is your host. Ask all your MRC questions here!

charging help for these batteries

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2009, 10:12 AM
chubster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default charging help for these batteries

I just bought the super brain 977 and new batteries for my baja ss build Please show me the correct way to start up and maintain these batteries. Ihave a 5 cell sub c 3000Mah for reciever, and im putting individual 2500 aa in my transmitter i have read alot of the threads and still confused thanks for the help
Old 05-28-2009, 04:09 PM
Tim@MRC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: charging help for these batteries

I wouldn't charge the receiver pack any higher than 3 amps.  It very well may false peak the first time or two that you charge it.  Keep charging until you feel the battery begins to get warm, that's how you know it fully charged.  After the first charge or so, it should take a full charge on the first try without any false peaks.  The charger has a mAh screen, so you can gauge how much of a charge the battery is taking by looking at that screen.  The 2500's, you won't be able to charge them through the charge jack because of the reverse polarity protection in the charger and the transmitter.  You will have to charge them in a separate holder, which you should be able to find at Radio Shack.  I wouldn't go any higher than 2.5 amps if you're in a hurry because they are a smaller cell, but otherwise 1 amp on those should be fine.  Again, the warmth in the battery is a good indication if they're fully charged.